Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blur 150 Mods, accessories and sourcing info please

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
KCScooterDude
Member


Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 799
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
2007 Genuine Blur 150

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Blur 150 Mods, accessories and sourcing info please Reply with quote

I'm talking the motorcycle repair class at my community college this fall. A treat to myself for some hard work getting into nursing school.

I've got a stock '07 Blur 150 and I'm looking to trick it out a bit. Looking to make it a bit quicker, a bit louder perhaps. Where are you guys finding rubber, rollers and (if any) pipes, cylinder kits, etc. Headlight mods? Anything. Nothing too small or large to consider at this point.

Thanks folks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] MSN Messenger
HamDaddyBorksauce
Member


Joined: 28 Jul 2017
Posts: 8
Location: Chicago
Blur 150

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpin' this one for any suggestions on aftermarket HS1 headlights. Been checking around and having trouble finding any HS1 bulbs over the OEM 5000k temp. Ideally looking to upgrade to 6500 or 8000k range.

Any info greatly appreciated!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
lovemysan
Member


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 651
Location: kansas city mo
2009 buddy 125, 2003 myBUBU 125, 2008 Stella

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A generic 170cc gy6 kit should bolt in. I'd recommend having the head ported. You can machine the cases to get to 180cc.

Here is a recipe
Big valve head 28/23mm valves and have it ported and shaved .025"
Taida valve springs
Taida titanium retainers
Pick a cylinder kit of your choice 61-63MM
gasket match the intake and exhaust manifolds
a9 cam (check the clearance for valve bind)
air box delete and add a unifilter to the end of the stock snorkel pipe
Exhaust you''ll need to fab one or import one.
Stock clutch with yellow clutch springs
NCY golden variator and 11 gram sliders
Jet the stock carb to 130-140 range would be my guess.

_________________
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Christophers
Member


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 596
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Psycho

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovemysan wrote:
A generic 170cc gy6 kit should bolt in. I'd recommend having the head ported. You can machine the cases to get to 180cc.

Here is a recipe
Big valve head 28/23mm valves and have it ported and shaved .025"
Taida valve springs
Taida titanium retainers
Pick a cylinder kit of your choice 61-63MM
gasket match the intake and exhaust manifolds
a9 cam (check the clearance for valve bind)
air box delete and add a unifilter to the end of the stock snorkel pipe
Exhaust you''ll need to fab one or import one.
Stock clutch with yellow clutch springs
NCY golden variator and 11 gram sliders
Jet the stock carb to 130-140 range would be my guess.


?

Wasn't the question about headlamps?

_________________
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2801
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamDaddyBorksauce wrote:
Bumpin' this one for any suggestions on aftermarket HS1 headlights. Been checking around and having trouble finding any HS1 bulbs over the OEM 5000k temp. Ideally looking to upgrade to 6500 or 8000k range.

Any info greatly appreciated!


Might be hard to find an incandescent bulb that can truly reach that Kelvin range. I installed a 50W HID 6500K headlight in my Blur. The light output far outshines (pun intended) any incandescent bulb I ever tried. The drawback is the amount of power it pulls from the alternator. It pulls so much that there's not enough power to keep the battery charged so I'm basically riding on a total lost electrical system. I have to watch how many times I start the engine during the course of a day then put the battery on a charger when I get home. I carry a small backup lithium battery in the pet carrier in case I drain the main battery too much. Yeah, it's a pain in the arse. To solve this, I'm working on replacing the stock 8-pole stator with an 11-pole stator along with a HD voltage regulator. Just have to find time to figure out how to integrate this into the stock wiring harness.

_________________
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
HamDaddyBorksauce
Member


Joined: 28 Jul 2017
Posts: 8
Location: Chicago
Blur 150

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, yeah I kinda figured the HID conversion was probably going to be the best/only option to achieve that Kelvin range but was worried about the battery drain as you've confirmed.

All good info though, appreciate the insight!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2801
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always go with a 35W HID setup. You'll get the Kelvin range but with a little less brightness and the alternator should be able to keep up with the power draw.
_________________
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
lovemysan
Member


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 651
Location: kansas city mo
2009 buddy 125, 2003 myBUBU 125, 2008 Stella

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christophers wrote:
lovemysan wrote:
A generic 170cc gy6 kit should bolt in. I'd recommend having the head ported. You can machine the cases to get to 180cc.

Here is a recipe
Big valve head 28/23mm valves and have it ported and shaved .025"
Taida valve springs
Taida titanium retainers
Pick a cylinder kit of your choice 61-63MM
gasket match the intake and exhaust manifolds
a9 cam (check the clearance for valve bind)
air box delete and add a unifilter to the end of the stock snorkel pipe
Exhaust you''ll need to fab one or import one.
Stock clutch with yellow clutch springs
NCY golden variator and 11 gram sliders
Jet the stock carb to 130-140 range would be my guess.


?

Wasn't the question about headlamps?


In my defense he did say cylinder kits. I don't do headlamps.

_________________
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Christophers
Member


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 596
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Psycho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovemysan wrote:

In my defense he did say cylinder kits. I don't do headlamps.


LOL

One also has to consider the date of the posts.

The one to which you responded was posted: "Tue May 07, 2013".

The one to which we were responding was posted: "Thu May 17, 2018"

Wink

_________________
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

  Scootergear designed by riders for riders


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
All Content Copyright 2007-2011 by Modern Buddy. All Rights Reserved.