Windscreen for Buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mike1nw

Windscreen for Buddy 125

Post by Mike1nw »

Wife's bike, we thought a windscreen would be a good mod.

The ones I found attach to the handlebar housings, which seem to be plastic? It does not seem to be a great idea to feed windscreen loads into them.

Are there any WS that attach to the actual handlebars? Or some other way.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

There are versions that share the mirror mounts. Those are metal, and should be decent unless you're planning to go for one of those super tall windscreens.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

The windshields that piggyback on the mirror mounts are fine. I had slipstreamers on two different buddys, and they were stable even at top speed.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

DeeDee wrote:The windshields that piggyback on the mirror mounts are fine. I had slipstreamers on two different buddys, and they were stable even at top speed.
Do the Slipstreamers mirror mounts have the reverse thread the Buddy needs?
skipper20

Re: Windscreen for Buddy 125

Post by skipper20 »

Mike1nw wrote:Wife's bike, we thought a windscreen would be a good mod.

The ones I found attach to the handlebar housings, which seem to be plastic? It does not seem to be a great idea to feed windscreen loads into them.

Are there any WS that attach to the actual handlebars? Or some other way.
The Prima medium height windscreen would be a good choice for a Buddy. Uses the mirror mounts to attach. The Buddy does not have naked handlebars so that's the only form of attachment.

Bill in Seattle
Member Emiritus
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

cummingsjc wrote:
DeeDee wrote:The windshields that piggyback on the mirror mounts are fine. I had slipstreamers on two different buddys, and they were stable even at top speed.
Do the Slipstreamers mirror mounts have the reverse thread the Buddy needs?
Yes, They come with three 8mm risers. Two RH and one LH for Yamaha and PGO. Good quality windshields, with odd shapes. Be sure to use red loctite on the threads.
personality

Post by personality »

Any suggestions for small wind screens that don't move the mirrors out wider?
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Check out the Slipstreamer Scoot 40 or 50. Well made windshields with a fairly narrow footprint.
Attachments
Slipstreamer Scoot 40
Slipstreamer Scoot 40
Screenshot 2018-08-01 at 3.50.43 PM.png (92.54 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

personality wrote:Any suggestions for small wind screens that don't move the mirrors out wider?
This is second question about making the mirrors narrower. Most of the questions are about how to move them wider.

The Prima offset bars moves them an inch, maybe an inch and half. I replaced those with longer offset bars than moves them 3.75 inches out.

I guess I'm just wider.

PS - If someone wants some of those 3" bars, PM me.
jd

Post by jd »

I don't understand some of these comments about the mirrors being wider or narrower because of the windscreen. I've put ordinary Prima windscreens on three Buddys with fine results. They mount TO the mirror stems, but they don't move them outward or inward.

BTW, the tiny, almost useless stock Buddy mirrors can be replaced with Yamaha mirrors with the same threads but much more visible area. A lot safer, and they look good, too, if that matters to you. They're on Amazon.
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
personality

Post by personality »

jd wrote:BTW, the tiny, almost useless stock Buddy mirrors can be replaced with Yamaha mirrors with the same threads but much more visible area. A lot safer, and they look good, too, if that matters to you. They're on Amazon.
Can you post a link to those?
jd

Post by jd »

Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.