Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Highest mileage Stella 4t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
alain173

Stella 2T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Highest mileage Stella 4t Reply with quote

Hi all!
I just bought a new to me 2012 Stella 4t with about 100 miles on it. Already put nearly 200 on myself in last 3 days. What’s the expected life of this thing? I love it! 20k 30k 50k? Would love to see pics of high milers. Thanks[/code]
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Stella 4T, 300 GTS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my original engine up to about 17,000 before a timing chain guide failed. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten much more if I had just replaced that, but I started modding it heavily and had much trouble for another 2000 before I gave up.

Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog

BigDaddy on FaceBook
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4t engines generally tend to be fairly reliable and long lived, if they are cared for. As SnakeOiler observed, start moding them and going for higher performance, reliability goes down. In the case of the 4T Stella your bigger problem is likely parts rather than miles. The bike has been discontinued and the factory has been closed, so you should expect parts supply to start drying up.
dasscooter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it was mentioned before, spare parts will be the issue. The Stella 4T was made by LML in India which went out of business and has been liquidated. LML went out of business before, but this time it seems to have stuck. The highest bidder to open LML back up was much less than the liquidation (scrap) value of the company. The investors chose to liquidate and take the money they could.
alain173

Stella 2T

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. 17k is good, was hoping to see much higher before engine work, but these little motors are working hard. I'm not too concerned with parts. It seems like you can still get plenty of parts on ebay and such. Just got back from a 80 mile round trip, lovin it! 111mpg
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Highest mileage Stella 4t Reply with quote

alain173 wrote:
I just bought a new to me 2012 Stella 4t

The discussion about future availability of parts is very different for the 2T and the 4T Stella. The 2T Stella has substantial parts compatibility with P/PX Vespas. The 4T is somewhat more of an orphan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: