New 2 me, 2007 Buddy 125 ran great now ka-put!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

slupcho

New 2 me, 2007 Buddy 125 ran great now ka-put!

Post by slupcho »

I acquired a 2007 Buddy 125 from a friend. Traded for a helmet I was not using. He had it for his daughter that is away at college. The bike has not run since 2013. I replaced the battery, pulled the carb and cleaned all the jets, ports, etc. Replaced what I refer to as the idle jet. Stock 38. Changed all fluids, and spark plug. The scoot fired right up and ran great for about three days. I was truly impressed at how damn fun these scooters are.

Then yesterday it was a very hard start. Got it going but it was somewhat sluggish. Took it around the neighbourhood and it started misbehaving with sputters an just overall poor performance. When I turned it off, it had a hard time starting again. Then it started and just for experimentation, I turned it off...restarted (right on queue) then more sputtering. Now it will not start.

I'm going to pull the carb again as I believe this is the most likely culprit. My question is are there issues know to this model for the carb? And what is the "auto bystart assembly" unit that plugs into the wiring harness? I think it may be this item that is causing the issues but I'm not certain as I really do not even know what this damn thing is?

Any help or suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.
slupcho

Fixed maybe????

Post by slupcho »

So I think that the fuel pump may actually be the culprit. Did not realize that these little bikes use fuel pumps.

I've got a new one ordered regardless. I think that after 11 years it is most likely a good idea to replace this item for $35 anyway.

Part here; http://www.scooterdynasty.com/fuelvalve ... ttler.aspx
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Why the repeat post?