parts for a 2007 Buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

myla296

parts for a 2007 Buddy 125

Post by myla296 »

I'm opting to do a pretty long commute (45 miles each way) on my 2007 Buddy 125 and so with that said, tires and oil changes are a must and who knows what else.

I'd like to use something in person in the Ogden,UT area if someone on here happens to know of a place. I'd prefer to do as much as I can on my own (do the oil change, take off my wheels). So, I'm mostly looking to secure parts/materials. Any other pro tips would be appreciated too (like, I've heard that due to the size of the tire, I have to take it to a scooter place to have the tire beaded, for example).

Thanks in advance!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I hate to be the heavy, but riding a scooter for 45 miles each way in Ogden might be OK in summer, but it's going to end very quick when winter comes along.

I also hope you don't have any speed limits higher than 50 along your route. On a 50 mph road, many people will travel at 60 to 65 mph. That's the absolute max the Buddy can do at full throttle with a long run up. If you're doing that everyday for 45 miles, the Buddy might not last long.

With 90 miles each day, you'll also be filling the tank once a day.

I hope you have a cage come winter.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

I usually get my tires from the internets (Michelin S1), then take them, and the removed wheel, to any motorcycle shop to have them changed.

FWIW, I go through three rear tires in the span of one front tire.
myla296

Post by myla296 »

k1dude wrote:I hate to be the heavy, but riding a scooter for 45 miles each way in Ogden might be OK in summer, but it's going to end very quick when winter comes along.

I also hope you don't have any speed limits higher than 50 along your route. On a 50 mph road, many people will travel at 60 to 65 mph. That's the absolute max the Buddy can do at full throttle with a long run up. If you're doing that everyday for 45 miles, the Buddy might not last long.

With 90 miles each day, you'll also be filling the tank once a day.

I hope you have a cage come winter.
LOL...for sure. I've got a Ninja 250 race bike I need to put back to street so, hopefully within the month I'll have that worked out. I drove the route with my truck and my biggest worry is where 89 has a windy spot. Other than that, I have been riding the Buddy on Washington and it hits 55, but I don't like to. Anyway, the traffic when I tested it with my truck was only doing 50 anyway, during a time I would be on it, and then I left that route and was on a 40mph roadway anyway for the rest (Google has an "avoid highways" feature).

Thanks for the heads up!
myla296

Post by myla296 »

JettaKnight wrote:I usually get my tires from the internets (Michelin S1), then take them, and the removed wheel, to any motorcycle shop to have them changed.

FWIW, I go through three rear tires in the span of one front tire.
That's good that any shop can do it, a friend told me they thought that because of the size that only certain shops could do it. Thanks for the info!