Seat is stuck closed _Stella4T -SOLVED (me idiot)

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Stellawhistler

Seat is stuck closed _Stella4T -SOLVED (me idiot)

Post by Stellawhistler »

I just bought a used Stella 4T (2012). Overall in amazing shape and only 1200km ...but I can’t for the life of me get the seat to open...needless to say the last owner did not use it for the last two years and it was shipped to me, so no way to have him help me.

I have tried sitting on it when pushing in the latch button, no luck, pressing against the front of the seat while pushing the button no luck, and wiggling right or left while pushing , no luck...

Could somebody post a picture of the seat release mechanism so I can see where it is located and how it works...kinda fumbling blind and none of the owner manuals include a picture of the darn thing ...

Thanks in advance for the help..running on fumes , need to get below that darn seat to fuel up and keep the fun rolling
Last edited by Stellawhistler on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

It's unlocked, right? The button will still push down if it's locked - just won't open

If it's jammed, smack it harder. They can stick pretty good if the seat is way out of alignment
Stellawhistler

Post by Stellawhistler »

dasscooter wrote:It's unlocked, right? The button will still push down if it's locked - just won't open

If it's jammed, smack it harder. They can stick pretty good if the seat is way out of alignment

Wow so I am an idiot..thanks ...initially the button wouldn’t budge until I turned the key, so I figured it was unlocked...it friggin wasn’t ...problem solved and picture taken in case it does jam

Cheers and thanks