Yamaha BWS 100 and PGO 110 Motor compatability.

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

nuckaman

Yamaha BWS 100 and PGO 110 Motor compatability.

Post by nuckaman »

Can components be swapped from the Yamaha BWS100 and PGO 110 motors?

I know PGO basically copied the Yamaha Minarelli motor and called it their own. I'm hoping some of the critical components like variators, pistons, gaskets, crankshafts, bearings can be swapped over to the PGO 110 motor....for the sake of obtaining parts.

Thanks.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

if you can find the answer to this you let me know. i have heard they are similar. and almost the same doesn't always fit. i am thinking in terms of bigbore kits. none for the pgo but you can find them for the bws.
nuckaman

Post by nuckaman »

Give me a little time, since no one in the states really knows, I'll find out myself.

As for BBK, PM me...I may have something
tumon-ninja

Post by tumon-ninja »

clutch bell from bws will not fit.... wrong size...
if you want to upgrade i will advise smaller clutch and clutch bell.
after market clutches grab good so the smaller on will cut the weight drastically and increase performance...

PM me for BBK or tranny stuff
campurvis

PGO/Yamaha parts compatability

Post by campurvis »

A Yamaha BWS100 cylinder is shorter than a PGO 110 cylinder. You need to fabricate a spacer plate to make it fit a PGO.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Welcome to modern buddy. Thanks for the info. Keep us posted. Its hard to find performance parts for the pmx/rattler. we need all the help we can get.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
scootertuner1000

Post by scootertuner1000 »

You can get a Mulitvar CVT from Malossi and a 126cc Malossi big bore kit too. 21mm Delorto fits, as does the Arreche (machine the manifold to suit) Or you can cut the inlet stub off your manifold and put a much larger diameter pipe on there with a short piece of high pressure hose. Then you can fir a nice big spigot mounted carb. A 30mm would go very well with the Malossi cylinder kit. A good exhaust option would be a Yasuni.
With the right gearing, you should be able to see 80mph without too much trouble.
michael anedrew

troker crank to get the most out of big bore kit

Post by michael anedrew »

hi I own a pmx 110 nd would like to know if there is a stroker crank for said bike? jiangwayne say there big bore kit will work on pmx but need a 50mm crank to get upto 128cc. they sell a crank but there is no pmx on fitment list on site. will I only get117cc out of kit? what is the spacer story with my bike? some say yes others no. thank you for your time. I hope to get some (good) news soon. michael Andrew.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

You can use the yamaha top end but you will need to either have a spacer cut or make a spacer because the PGO has a longer stroke crank. I've been told that taida will be releasing compatible cylinder kits up 154cc, case machining will be required.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
michael anedrew

Post by michael anedrew »

thank for info. you have no idea on thickness of spacer? between 1.2mm and 1.5mm ive been told but that sounds a bit of loose guideline for me. I have a guy that ports all my racing heads 30 m from my workshop door, but thanks for the offer. those bigbore kits sound insane. you have no idea where to get a pgo performance crank? a distributor that shipps to cape town south Africa from the usa is hard to find. nd most of the bigger name stores in europe just couldn't be bothered. please keep updated on those new BIG BORE kits . thank you so much for your time . looking forward for more good news. michael Andrew boshoff
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

I would recommend you get on the taida website and look at the yamaha bws100 cylinders. I had a local scooter dealer order my parts for me from taida direct. You need to assemble your engine and check the deck height yourself to get the correct spacer thickness. As for looking for parts you could contact scooterswapshop. They are very active on facebook and can get you going in the right direction. I think I've seen them do some international shipping.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.