50 project.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JJScoot

50 project.

Post by JJScoot »

Just picked up a 2014 buddy seafoam green for 200 bucks. Been drooped( looks more like crashed) once and then neglected since then. 3500 miles. I have never been a real wrenching kind of guy, but I am giddy about working on this little girl. I have a 50 Pamplona that I bought new last year and have been chomping to mod it but I want to keep it as stock as possible as to not void the warranty. For the Pamplona I have put in sliders, a windshield, an led head light, led lights for gauge and converted the dead lights to led runners on it so far. I’m going to add the sport exhaust when it gets in and up jet it at that time.

Anyway—— cosmetically on the seafoam it needs a new headlight bezel, handlebar cover, a front engine cover, floor mat. She has a couple of scuffs on her, but nothing I need to change out any panels for. Seat is in great condition. I will do all of the things I did to my Pamplona to her also and put in a new carb and put new shoes on her. I’ve ridden her down the street and feel lucky that the previous owner knew to empty the gas out of it while it was sitting. She ran strong! The girl I bought it from was just wanting it out of her shed. I wish I could do this so I could surprise my wife with it ready to ride, but she will figure out pretty quickly what is hiding in the corner of the garage under cover. She likes for me to scoot her around once in a while but obviously a buddy 50 isn’t the machine for doing that very much if at all. So I always threaten to buy her one. At least I can tell her this one is an investment- once I get her right I can sell her pretty easy around here (the buddy, not my wife)

Here are some pics.
Let’s see if this works
https://imgur.com/gallery/Si8xzB7
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Now that's some depreciation! :lol:
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Wow, theres one on our local C-List for cheap also. "No title". Wonder if they will include a bill of sale? Anyways, 2 strokes are great introductions to how engines operate!!
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Assuming that a no-title scoot is definitely not stolen, Vermont is a great state in which to register a scooter and use the registration documents to get a title and registration in your home state. If you can get a great deal on a no-title bike, do it.

50cc bikes are super fun in a different kind of way than bigger scoots. I love riding.my Black Cat 50cc scoot. $200 is a great price for a running scoot and the bonuses of getting to mod it without worrying about a warranty and getting your wife to ride are big plusses.
JJScoot

Post by JJScoot »

My first questions were�Do you have the title? “ and “Does it run?� I pretty much made up my mind to buy it before I got there. I saw it was listed before for 1000, then 500 and she just dropped the price to 300. When I went to check it out, I was pleasantly surprised by how strong it ran and never died and it cranked right up. I might find some damage when I open her up, but for a couple hundred bucks it was worth the price for me to try.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

JJScoot wrote:My first questions were�Do you have the title? “ and “Does it run?� I pretty much made up my mind to buy it before I got there. I saw it was listed before for 1000, then 500 and she just dropped the price to 300. When I went to check it out, I was pleasantly surprised by how strong it ran and never died and it cranked right up. I might find some damage when I open her up, but for a couple hundred bucks it was worth the price for me to try.
Absolutely agree. I recently bought a 2006 Buddy 125 with some minor body damage, potential starter issues, and a horrible orange color for $300. It cranks and runs using the kickstarter so I am hoping to diagnose the issue and get it back up and on the road.