Stella 2T Upgrade Options

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FourLegsGood

Stella 2T Upgrade Options

Post by FourLegsGood »

So I bought a 2005 Stella 2T with 5000 miles on it. I'm looking to get a smooth ride ideal for city commuting. Pretty sure everything is stock. Any reccs?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Pinasco kit, pipe and rejet. Nice increase and and reliable. Change the cruciform while you're at it! Do your seals and bearings and you will have a new motor!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

BuddyRaton wrote:Pinasco kit, pipe and rejet. Nice increase and and reliable. Change the cruciform while you're at it! Do your seals and bearings and you will have a new motor!
Thanks and nice Dr. Forrester avatar ;-)
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Also see about changing the gasket in between the airbox and the reed block. When that starts leaking, you just piss oil out the tailpipe.
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

I’ve gotta say, after picking it up and not knowing the first thing about shifting (last scoot was the Stella Auto), 2Ts/manuals are so much more fun. After just a week I feel really comfortable on the bike and definitely wouldn’t trade back for an automatic
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Question: I'm trying to replace most of my halogen with LEDs. I removed the switching module and rerouted the rear light to run off DC. Are the turn signals already running off DC? Is there a walkthrough anywhere on how to change the flasher to support LEDs for a 2t (there was one on StellaSpeed but it's long gone).
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Also got inspired to disconnect the kill switch and use it for a secondary horn. Does it send 12v DC? I'd love to hook it up to a tiny soundboard or something so I could use it in less aggressive situations to just make some people smile.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Never thought the stock stella horn was all that aggressive, myself.....

As for the LED turn signals, you can either go with the tried/true solution of running LED's with a resistor, so that the flasher relay still sees the correct load. Or, you can source an electronic flasher relay, which will be compatible with LEDs. You may need to splice the wires in if you go that route.
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Oh, my Stella came with the Cuppini 3-in-1 Rear Rack. I've heard that those are prone to breaking/falling off, though. Anybody have any experience with this particular product?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

If this is your first classic style scooter I would suggest riding it stock for awhile before doing anything major.

It's always good to have a really good feel for the starting point before making moding the snot out of it!

Go ride!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Does anyone know where to find chrome hubs for the Stella 2t online? I can find chrome rims everywhere but hubs seem really hard to come by.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Like the smooth dog-dish chrome caps?
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Was looking for the normal Stella hubs, just chromed:

jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

You can get yours sandblasted then chromed.. but the rear hub is a biotch to sandblast and the bearing needs to be pressed out and in.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Alternatively, you could work at them with metal polish. That's assuming you have an entire day with nothing else to do.....