NCY INTAKE TUNING

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

czechojo

NCY INTAKE TUNING

Post by czechojo »

put a ncy intake on roughhouse with malossi 70cc tuning is 1st off.. 100 main 48 idle in dellorto 19mm carb ... any suggestions?
2016 Genuine Roughhouse Sport, malossi 70cc cylinder kit , Yasuni R.07 exhaust, dellorto 19 carb, carbon reeds, doppler air filter, Athena Cranshaft, Polini 14/41 Secondary gear, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi Special X Belt, 5g rollers
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Start with a 40-42 idle. The one you have is prety huge.

Start with a main between 80 and 85.

What is the number stamped on the throttle slide? What number is on the fuel needle? If you look into the throttle slide bore, does the atomizer (brass bit the fuel needle goes in) have a U-shaped collar around it?

Dell'Orto carbs are very tuneable, but there are more elements that need to be considered when setting them up.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
czechojo

Post by czechojo »

ok I'll check those numbers. I know the need is 16. before the ncy intake I started with a 42 idle and 80 main and the bike was running really hot also I had to raise the needle just to get enough gas to run but still would bog down at full throttle till the 100 main and 48 idle.. I also have a prima pipe and I think the uni filter lets too much air through... anyway then i got the ncy intake but just took it off, the connection they give you is absolutely terrible, at least for the 19mm carb.. besides it making ther bike run even hotter I couldn't go past half throttle without bogging down. I don't think near enough gas was going in but like I said ther connector was so bad it wasn't worth figuring out.
2016 Genuine Roughhouse Sport, malossi 70cc cylinder kit , Yasuni R.07 exhaust, dellorto 19 carb, carbon reeds, doppler air filter, Athena Cranshaft, Polini 14/41 Secondary gear, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi Special X Belt, 5g rollers
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Sounds like you have some serious air leaks going on if you're having those sorts of issues.

Get it started and idling, then spray a bit of carb cleaner around the junction between the carb and the intake, between the intake and cylinder, and around the junction of the head and cylinder. If you have an air leak, it'll stumble badly when you temporarily obstruct it with fluids.

I know some Dell'Orto carbs come with a mismatch of parts. I've had to tear them down and rebuild them for specific uses before. To help figure things out better, which series is the carb? I know early Zumas had the PHBN series and the upgrade for the bugeye ones is the PHVA.

Another popular series is the PHBG, which can be a potluck of parts. Ive gotten those with all sorts of odd configurations. If you have one, take a moment and read up on the following link:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/How_To_T ... arburetors
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
czechojo

Post by czechojo »

it's running great now that I put the old intake back on, kept the needle in richest position .... it is the malossi m1611028 carb which is the dellorto phbg 19mm.. I believe it was definitely leaking from intake and carb connection... what do you think about adding oil to the gas tank itself? I've heard the oil pumps don't put out enough for the 70cc cylinder so people say add a bit extra oil to the tank?
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

There may be something to that. Your stock oil pump is gear driven, and mixes at about 40/50:1 based on the original volume of air/fuel on the stock carb. Going larger, you may end up with proportionately less oil per volume of air/fuel. That being said, I've heard tell of folks being fine with up to 100:1 on a good quality synthetic. Maybe just source a brand that can protect up to that thin a mixing?
czechojo

Post by czechojo »

I was using a synthetic blend but that's a great idea I'll switch to full synthetic. I was talking to you on another thread about the railing noise at a certain throttle position. I think I may of located it as the wrist pin bearing .. i got one coming in the mail. I'm seriously contemplating a stronger crankshaft and possibly a bigger gear so I don't have to worry so much about high rpms . I put the malossi delta clutch and multivar variator in and it's running great, awesome acceleration!