Carrier

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jonathan55

Carrier

Post by Jonathan55 »

I'm planning to buy a Buddy 125 to carry on the back of my camper.

I'm looking at an aluminium hitch rack with a ramp from Discount Ramps. The ones at dealers sell ramps for 2 or 3 times the price online for the same model.

Has anyone used a motorcycle ramps with a scooter that they can recommend.

Thanks for any thoughts on this,
Jonathan
Wertles

Post by Wertles »

I have used the motorcycle carrier from Harbor Freight for 4 years now without an issue on my class C. I added a front reciever to it so I had one buddy on the front, one on the back. . Since moving to my class A and now only have a rear receiver, I needed to go to a double motorcycle carrier from a different manufacturer and severely miss how easy the Harbor Freight one was. With a coupon, I think I spent $100 for it. I did make a couple of slight modifications to it to make it a little better but it’s great right out of the box for the Buddy’s.
2012 125 Seafoam Buddy
2014 170i Matte Black Buddy
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I've used this for 5 years. Works good: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Sco ... =R40&rt=nc
pacifent

Class A

Post by pacifent »

I need a front setup because I want to tow a car. Is this feasible...or safe for a class A? (Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread):P
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I have a friend who tows a 5th wheel, and uses a tilt-a-rack off the front bumper of her Dodge 4X4. She had a the carrier, bumper combo professionally installed. I helped her get the Buddy off the rack and back on. It looked pretty sketchy to me, but she has travelled all over the US with this setup. I wouldn't cut corners on doing something like this. It could end badly.
erndale

double carrier

Post by erndale »

I have two buddy 50s and wanted to know if there is a hitch carrier anyone recommends that can hold both of them on the back of my vehicle. I saw a double dirt bike carrier, but wasn't sure if that would work.