Plastic cover on front shock

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

duckrman

Plastic cover on front shock

Post by duckrman »

Okay, I did search for this and didn't find anything apologies if I missed it. I'm new to the forum and Stella ownership 4 days :D

There is a short cylinder that is part of the front shock and it has a plastic cover ad mine is cracked. Questions are - what is it? Is it necessary? Are there replacements available?

Installing new tires, master cylinder kit, leg shield trim, cleaning carb, solving oil leak, etc

Thanks,
Point37

Re: Plastic cover on front shock

Post by Point37 »

duckrman wrote:Okay, I did search for this and didn't find anything apologies if I missed it. I'm new to the forum and Stella ownership 4 days :D

There is a short cylinder that is part of the front shock and it has a plastic cover ad mine is cracked. Questions are - what is it? Is it necessary? Are there replacements available?

Installing new tires, master cylinder kit, leg shield trim, cleaning carb, solving oil leak, etc

Thanks,
try here...
http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic17349.html
duckrman

Post by duckrman »

Thanks, I looked at the parts manual and that only shows the entire shock assembly. I guess I hoped since it was plastic, it would be a common replacement item since the assembly is pricey.

If I missed something else in the link let me know.
Thanks,