Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DouglasLive

My Mod Series Italia: UPDATED

Post by DouglasLive »

A work in progress:

Still to come:

* one or more spots/bullet lights on the luggage rack
* maybe a few more stadium mirrors (which will be equally as useless as the ones already added)
* Prima exhaust
* chrome fender crest

More pics here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dstalnaker/ModErnistBuddySI
Last edited by DouglasLive on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ms. Milan

Post by Ms. Milan »

:D
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

Don't everyone comment at once... :)
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

I'll admit it, I don't get it. But that's what makes it cool 8) Hey, I ride a Rattler and not everyone gets those either. I'm spending too much money making modifications to it at the moment... I don't get that either and that's what makes that cool too. :? Make it your own and ride!
KRUSTYburger

Re: My Mod Series Italia

Post by KRUSTYburger »

DouglasLive wrote:* one or more spots/bullet lights on the luggage rack
Did you wire in your dead lights to be blinkers/running lights?
It would be cool if you did PLUS get some smaller spot/bullet lights
on the rack too like you said, maybe even one on your front fender...
HECK YEAH! FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Did you wire in your dead lights to be blinkers/running lights?
You know, I didn't. I figure any lights mounted on the rack will be purely for show -- just like the mirrors. :)

Gee, I thought we had more Mod fans on here, but lack of comments say otherwise. Personally, I think it looks great! ;)
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i dont think it looks bad but i never realy got the mod thing anyway all the mirrors and lights just make your scooter heaver. but i ride a blur . but looks good man
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

DouglasLive wrote:
KRUSTYburger wrote:Did you wire in your dead lights to be blinkers/running lights?
You know, I didn't. I figure any lights mounted on the rack will be purely for show -- just like the mirrors. :)

Gee, I thought we had more Mod fans on here, but lack of comments say otherwise. Personally, I think it looks great! ;)
If you like it's looks, that's what counts. Enjoy yourself. But if you wanna please everyone else, that's never gonna happen. (-To me, it's just a Buddy with too many mirrors... :lol: )
But then I never liked the original 60's Vespa P mods with all that chrome and junk weighing them down either... The best one can say is I enjoy the eccentricity of them, just as I enjoy the 'oddness' of rat bikes. But I wouldn't ride around on one, myself.
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I wasn't going to, but since you asked...

It's not my thing man, but hey, it's not my scooter.

If you like it and it's not hurtin' anybody or breakin' any laws, go for it. You certainly don't need to be a slave to my sense of taste, aesthetic or otherwise.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

Douglas, it's totally my thing. I love the extended mirrors and the front rack. I may be out of line, but that's the best Buddy I've seen. :D

Nice seat cover, too. 8)
BuddyLove

Post by BuddyLove »

I'm liking it. :) My problem with the buddy is that it is too plastic looking to mod out (that's why we got the stella!) But I think it looks great!
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

BuddyLove wrote:I'm liking it. :) My problem with the buddy is that it is too plastic looking to mod out (that's why we got the stella!) But I think it looks great!
Yuck :( sorry
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I like the HORNS! I was thinkin about hooking up some sort of crazy horn system...

don't really know how yet.

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

ScooterTrash wrote:Yuck :( sorry
Mod, ain't your thing, huh? :)
KRUSTYburger wrote:I like the HORNS! I was thinkin about hooking up some sort of crazy horn system...
Funny thing about the horns -- although they both came off the same rack at Wal-Mart, one right after the other, they're tuned differently! One definitely has a lower tone than the other. Sounds like two geese fighting with each other. :)

And for those questioning the addition of horns, they're a pretty standard Mod accessory:

http://www.thewho.info/images/QuadM3-Who.jpg

And honestly, who is cooler than Sting in Quadrophenia? ;)
Last edited by DouglasLive on Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Yeah, but I dunno about that dude on the left, what's the deal with his NECK?! :shock:
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I have no idea how I missed this post, dude. I would have instantly commented with WOW!!! I LOVES IT!!! I am chuckling a bit at the BSI insignia, though. Teehee! I'm really into the checkerboard on your windshield. Hmm....

I have a pink horn, and I like how you have two. But see, I like to actually honk my horn at friends...it's less annoying than honking my for-real horn at them. I haven't hooked it up to my front rack because of that -- right now, it's dangling precariously from the left turn signal.

I bought a bunch of mirrors for my scooter, too. Black hearts! And I got some rectangular ones instead of the trapezoids, but I don't like how they looked last year. Maybe I'll try again?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :clap:
ModBud #442