Buddy 125 Electrical Gremlins

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

barrett

Buddy 125 Electrical Gremlins

Post by barrett »

First post as a fresh (used) Buddy owner! My apologies if it's not in the right place. Thanks for reading.

So my scoot was stolen from my driveway last night and dragged 3 blocks away (steering lock still engaged) where the pirate could attempt a hotwire in peace. Apparently at the peak of their frustration, they decided to cut all wires to the CDI and accessory charger and stormed away leaving tools in the glovebox and the front panel on the ground.

So I'm thinking, reconnect all the obviously snipped wires to there obvious locations, replace the main fuse, and it'll be good to go, right? So I did that, and it started right up with the kick.

HOWEVER:

1) The turn signals remain on and the "clicker" buzzes outrageously
2) The electric start doesnt work, not even a peep out of it

Any ideas on where I should start finding the gremlins? Are these functions electrically related? Is there another fuse specifically for the starter?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

The Buddy's electrical system is pretty simple so just study the electrical wiring diagram and make sure everything is wired correctly.

http://www.modernbuddy.com/pdf/buddy_wiring_diagram.pdf

Ask questions for anything specific that you don't understand and someone will try to help.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

It's likely that he popped the fuse while cutting things. Bet your horn doesn't work either? Check the main fuse by the battery, and report back.
barrett

Solved!

Post by barrett »

The main fuse was blown, but after replacement the problems were still there.

Eventually I figured out through other posts here on the forum that it was likely a dead battery. The turn signal buzzes becasue it can't get a constant voltage from the generator alone.

Battery replacement and I'm good as new.