Polini 70cc Big Bore and Racing Variator Kits

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Polini 70cc Big Bore and Racing Variator Kits

Post by skipper20 »

Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with these kits? I'm thinking about squeezing a few more MPH out of my 50cc 4T Yamaha C3 scooter.

Bill in Seattle
Member Emeritus
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Bill,

I assume you're looking at this kit:

https://www.scooterworks.com/Polini-Big ... 13220.aspx

From what I can see, it will involve a bit more than a bore swap. There is a fuel pressure regulator in that pile of parts; that will involve pulling the fuel tank and dismantling the pump assembly apart to install it.

I'm guessing the regulator is to properly fuel the increased displacement without changing the injector. It will make the fuel pump work harder to maintain the increased fuel pressure and may shorten the pump's lifespan.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

You might get more opinions if you ask this question on the Zuma forums: www.zumaforums.net
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I think he posted the question on this site because that same kit fits the Genuine Venture, according to Scooterworks.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI