Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cracked my engine case at exhaust mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
KX_Larry

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Cracked my engine case at exhaust mount Reply with quote

I was mounting my prima exhaust and wasn't paying attention and put the wrong bolt in and it cracked the case. 90% of the internal threads are still good and I was just going to mount the exhaust and then put some J&B Weld on the cracks. Crying or Very sad Any other thoughts
Stanza

Puch Maxi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drill out the hole clear to the other side, jb the crack together, and put a nut on the other side.
KX_Larry

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a longer threaded bolt that goes all the way through and put a nut on the back. I'm not sure I want to drill the whole out completely.

I was thinking of bolting on the muffler then applying the JB. My one concern is the JB will go through the crack and lock the bolt into place. I need to get the bolt out in the future. Maybe I can work the bolt a little before the JB sets or put a little oil on the bolt so the JB doesn't stick to bolt?

Other option would be to screw in a stud and lock it in place with a half inch or so sticking out. Mount the muffler and put a locking nut on it.
KX_Larry

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed. Couldn't go all the way through or put a nut on back. Used a slightly longer bold with loctite since I was missing some threads at the start. Applied some JB weld at the crack, I'm not sure it really did much if anything but it's on there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: