Glitch in draining carb. for winter storage

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ucandoit

Glitch in draining carb. for winter storage

Post by ucandoit »

I went to drain the carb. but instead of the just the drain screw turning counterclockwise to open and allow fuel to drain out the little black hose, the entire "bolt" unit is unscrewing from the carb. The screw is not turning independently. Not sure what to do. The section connected to the carb. should be in there snug, and the drain screw at the end should open and close independently. The unit is turning as one. Not sure what would happen if I unscrewed the entire unit, but my instincts tell me not to do that. I've got to find a way to tighten the unit to the carb. and then to loosen the drain screw at the tip. Can someone please advise on best way to do this?
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Bolt? There should be no bolt involved.....what bike is this?
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

It's a Buddy 125. "Bolt" isn't the right word, just didn't know what to call it. Basically, instead of the screw at the end turning as it's suppose to, the entire unit that it's attached to turns and is backing right out of the carb. Just the screw is suppose to turn to be able to drain gas from the carb.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Can you take/post a picture of the part you're talking about? It's supposed to just be a flathead screw in there....maybe someone swapped it for something else at some point?
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

Actually, I just solved it. I guess the screw is the whole "unit" and it is suppose to turn as one. I thought it was two parts. Thank you for replying, however.