Like this? Too bad, we won't ever get it here...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

Like this? Too bad, we won't ever get it here...

Post by babblefish »

...not here in the US, anyway. Some of the other scooters that he shows will also never make over to these shores. Sucks being a scooter enthusiast in the US.:(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hZig5PDZNf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Another scooter I'd love to have though we'll likely never see it on US shores:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FTaVQFWRByc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really like the idea of 14" wheels. I should go overseas, buy one of these, then have it shipped to the US...probably never get it registered in CA...
At least the 50cc version is available here, blah...not enough power...

Btw: does anyone else thinks this guy sounds like someone from Top Gear, GB?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

We have the Honda PCX 150. 14" wheels, fuel injection and a better reputation for reliability and parts supply over Aprilia. As cool as that Suzuki is, we have the Genuine Kick.The U.S. does not have it that bad for scooter choices anymore. That being said, I would have liked to see Peugeot stay in the U.S. longer than they did. They have some sexy scooter models. Stupid exchange rates!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Or the Honda X-ADV:

babblefish

Post by babblefish »

sc00ter wrote:We have the Honda PCX 150. 14" wheels, fuel injection and a better reputation for reliability and parts supply over Aprilia. As cool as that Suzuki is, we have the Genuine Kick.The U.S. does not have it that bad for scooter choices anymore. That being said, I would have liked to see Peugeot stay in the U.S. longer than they did. They have some sexy scooter models. Stupid exchange rates!
Ah, but it's not Italian! Even though the SR 150 is made in India, lol.
Anyway, I actually prefer a carburetted engine vs FI. Easier to do engine modifications. This one is in actuality, a Vespa engine with slight mods by Aprilia to increase power a small amount.
And, the U.S. is a third-world country, when it comes to sports scoots.

I do, however, like that Honda X-ADV though. I've been reading about it for a while, but like everything else interesting in the scootering world, we'll never see it on these shores. Anyway, even if it does come here, it will be in the $12K price range...too rich for me. But, if I had the money...
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I have seen some darn sharp looking China scooters lately. I dont know who is selling them as I wouldnt take one for free, but they are snazzy. I also have a secret crush on the Italjet Dragster. I know they were built crappy and the company went out of business and the brand got purchased by a India company last I heard but the Dragster was/is sooo cooool looking! I found a abandoned Italjet Velocifero and have been debating leaving a note on it because I like the look of them also.Its just rare and weird means hard to find parts, something I dont want to deal with.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

sc00ter wrote:I have seen some darn sharp looking China scooters lately. I dont know who is selling them as I wouldnt take one for free, but they are snazzy. I also have a secret crush on the Italjet Dragster. I know they were built crappy and the company went out of business and the brand got purchased by a India company last I heard but the Dragster was/is sooo cooool looking! I found a abandoned Italjet Velocifero and have been debating leaving a note on it because I like the look of them also.Its just rare and weird means hard to find parts, something I dont want to deal with.
You mean a Dragster like this one? It's the 180cc version, 2001 model and is up on my local Craigslist for $2500. You're right though, parts would be a nightmare to get.

As far as China made scoots, I've been eyeballing this Znen RX-150 at a local dealer. It's only $1500, new! I'm fully aware that at that price there are going to be some quality issues, but hey, there's a 90 day warranty! Lol! I just want to screw around with it and have some fun. I could beat the crap out of it and not care. The dealer also has a scoot that is basically a clone of the Yamaha Zuma 125, except it's 150cc and is also $1500 with that awesome 90 day warranty, heh.

I think I'm getting desperate...
Attachments
RX-150
RX-150
rx150c.jpg (33.53 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
RX-150
RX-150
rx150b.jpg (32.41 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
RX-150
RX-150
rx150a.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
2001 Italjet Dragster 180
2001 Italjet Dragster 180
Italjet180.jpg (96.86 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

The RX-150 is a blatant copy of the Lance Cabo. The Cabo's are only a thousand more than the RX-150 and the quality is far more superior. I should know - I rode one on a 900 mile 4 day adventure two years ago.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Its not a blatant copy of the Lance Cabo, its a CLONE! They just forgot to copy, I mean clone, the quality part. And that Dragster is too rad! $2500?! You have the best Clist ads on the planet!
Syd

Post by Syd »

babblefish wrote:
sc00ter wrote:I have seen some darn sharp looking China scooters lately. I dont know who is selling them as I wouldnt take one for free, but they are snazzy. I also have a secret crush on the Italjet Dragster. I know they were built crappy and the company went out of business and the brand got purchased by a India company last I heard but the Dragster was/is sooo cooool looking! I found a abandoned Italjet Velocifero and have been debating leaving a note on it because I like the look of them also.Its just rare and weird means hard to find parts, something I dont want to deal with.
You mean a Dragster like this one? It's the 180cc version, 2001 model and is up on my local Craigslist for $2500. You're right though, parts would be a nightmare to get.

As far as China made scoots, I've been eyeballing this Znen RX-150 at a local dealer. It's only $1500, new! I'm fully aware that at that price there are going to be some quality issues, but hey, there's a 90 day warranty! Lol! I just want to screw around with it and have some fun. I could beat the crap out of it and not care. The dealer also has a scoot that is basically a clone of the Yamaha Zuma 125, except it's 150cc and is also $1500 with that awesome 90 day warranty, heh.

I think I'm getting desperate...
I think he means one of these:
Attachments
Velocifero.jpg
Velocifero.jpg (20.94 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
The majority is always sane - Nessus
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

We have the Yamaha S155!
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.
Point37

Post by Point37 »

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Honda SH300i. Another one we will evidently never see here.

https://scooterlab.uk/eicma-2018-honda-sh-300i-news/
Attachments
SH300.jpg
SH300.jpg (64.86 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

Love the SH300. I saw it for the first time in Barcelona in 2007. It seemed to me to be so far ahead of everything else at the time. It may still be...
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.
Mr.FixIt

Post by Mr.FixIt »

I like the looks of this. The best looking scooter since the Stella ... imo

http://scomadi.co.uk/models/tl200-liquid-cooled/

Eric
(aka Mr. Fix It)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Mr.FixIt wrote:I like the looks of this. The best looking scooter since the Stella ... imo

http://scomadi.co.uk/models/tl200-liquid-cooled/
Except the body panels are plastic. Hard to take a plastic Lambretta seriously. Much buzz about a TT model which would have metal panels, but unclear if/when we would see any of them in the US.