Rear turn signal wiring malfunction

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kyleedmonster

Rear turn signal wiring malfunction

Post by kyleedmonster »

I posted a little earlier about the back left turn signal being burned out. It turns out that it's not the bulb, it looks like there's something wrong with the wiring. I tested the original left side bulb in the right side turn signal, and it works. Where do I start to fix this? I couldn't find anything in the technical forum, or on YouTube.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

It could be that the wires leading to the socket have disconnected...look up and behind the plastic bodywork to see that socket. There should be two wires, firmly attached. If either of them is hanging loose, that's your culprit.
kyleedmonster

Post by kyleedmonster »

Stanza wrote:It could be that the wires leading to the socket have disconnected...look up and behind the plastic bodywork to see that socket. There should be two wires, firmly attached. If either of them is hanging loose, that's your culprit.
Found the problem. Somehow this wire got cut. How do I fix this?
Last edited by kyleedmonster on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyleedmonster

Post by kyleedmonster »

Never mind, I figured it out. Stripped the wire and then put it back together with electrical tape.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

kyleedmonster wrote:Never mind, I figured it out. Stripped the wire and then put it back together with electrical tape.
:?

Electrical tape sucks. Big time. It's not for use without an actual connector, e.g. a wire nut. Find some watertight butt splices, either at an auto parts store or motorcycle store (or online).