Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antitheft Lock and where placed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Smithilberry

Hooligan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Antitheft Lock and where placed? Reply with quote

What does everyone do for antitheft measures?

I was thinking of using a U-Lock around the front tire.
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a security cable and lock around the rear wheel - secured to something really solid. The commonest way to steal a small scooter around here is for two guys to pick it up and put it in the back of a pickup. A u-lock or disk lock doesn't help in that case.
sc00ter

14 Burgman 200, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a quality disc lock on the Adly, and a ABUS U-lock thru the front wheel spoke on the Burgman for out and about. When home I have a ground anchor with a Kryptonite New York chain and a On Guard U-lock thru the front wheel for whatever scooter is left out front. The other scoot will be in the garage with the out and about security being used. Yes, it's hard to secure against lift away thefts when out in public unless you have something to secure it to like a bike rack or pole. I carry full coverage insurance just in case.
kmrcstintn

leftover '13 Buddy 125

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used to get really picky about this...not so much lately; most times...lock steering column & Master or Fortress aluminum body padlock thru holes in brake disc; temporary storage or seasonal storage...thick cable around wood post (fencing between patios in backyard) then around rear shock and locked with heavy duty American aluminum body padlock
JettaKnight

Series Italia 161

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cross my fingers and remove valuables.
Schockfu

Buddy 170i

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a buddy 170i, and am super paranoid about it getting stolen. I use an On-guard U-lock through the front tire and try to chain it to something when I can with 6ft Schlage chain with cinch ring.
johnk

2012 Stella 4T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At home, my scooter has a Kryptonite New York Noose wrapped around the footboard, which is locked to an Abus Ground Anchor, plus an Oxford Scoot Alarm Disc Lock* on the front wheel. This is inside a garage, where it is also usually under a cover.

When I'm out and about, I just bring the disc lock along.

*The Stella (and the Vespa PX) has an unusually small space between the front rim and the front disc brake, and the Oxford is the only disc lock I've found that will fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: