New wobble on Hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

daxvasiliou

New wobble on Hooligan

Post by daxvasiliou »

Hello everyone,

I left my hooligan overnight on the side stand and after starting ihome the next day the front end felt like it was wobbling. Getting up to higher speeds reduced the wobble but it’s still there. Turning was extra wobbly. When I got it home I checked the tires to see if their rotation was wobbly and I couldn’t see any. I usually park the bike on the side stand. Do you think it sitting there for so long caused an alignment issue or something with the steering column? Any suggestions would help on what to check or what might be wrong. Thanks
tenders

Post by tenders »

Overnight on the side stand did not cause this. Nor would five years on the side stand, as opposed to the center stand.

Did somebody hit it, knock it over, drive over it, and warp a wheel?

Are the various fasteners on the axles tight and holding the wheels on properly?
Last edited by tenders on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daxvasiliou

Post by daxvasiliou »

tenders wrote:Overnight on the side stand did not cause this. Nor would five years on the side stand, as opposed to the center stand.

Did somebody hit it, knock it over, drive over it, and warp a wheel?

Are the various fasteners on the axles right and holding the wheels on properly?
As far as I can tell it was not tampered with at all. It was wet the whole time it was left at work since the covered parking isn’t very well covered.

I will check the fasteners tomorrow. I’m hesitant to ride it with this new wobble as I don’t know what is wrong and am scared of what could go wrong.
fried okra

Post by fried okra »

Statement of the obvious, but I would check tire pressures as a next step.

fried okra
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

fried okra wrote:Statement of the obvious, but I would check tire pressures as a next step.

fried okra
SECONDED
daxvasiliou

Post by daxvasiliou »

I checked the pressure. The front tire was at 27 and the rear was at 22. I inflated to 28 each tire. Still wobbling...
daxvasiliou

Post by daxvasiliou »

Apparently I checked the pressure but didn’t look at the actual tires. My rear tire is worn down to thread! Anyone know the best tires to put on a hooligan? SMH :shock:
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

I used Continental Zippy 1 tires on my Hooligan. Rides smooth.
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
johnk

Post by johnk »

I don't ride a Hooligan, but I also like the Continental Zippy 1. Let us know if replacing the tires solves your issue!