Low profile seat for more upright riding position?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GrFa

Low profile seat for more upright riding position?

Post by GrFa »

So I am going to be getting my 150 Italia back up and running this spring to hopefully get some use out of it for the season. Two little ones (now 1 and 3) kept buddy riding to a minimum the past few years (as did my VNB125 for short ten minute scoots around town).

Anyway I always have felt a little hunched over on my buddy especially compared to my 62 Vespa. I have the standard gray seat on my italia. Will the low profile seat make it feel more similar to my Vespa? Lower and more upright? Thanks for the advice!
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

How tall all you? At 6'0, I've never felt anything but upright.

Nevertheless, there are LP seats, and I'm sure someone will be along to tell you where to find one.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Get monkey bars?
GrFa

Post by GrFa »

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a buddy with apes so I guess that could be an option....
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

The low profile seat will lower your seating position around 2�, but with less padding it’s not quite as comfy. So while you may have a more upright riding position, your legs may be more scrunched...
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

When I sold my Buddy it had a low profile seat on it. The buyer is 6 foot and couldnt ride it because his legs were folded up. So I had to fish the stock seat out of the rafters and swap it back for him. Im 5'9" and liked the low profile seat just fine, buyer of my old scooter hated it. Its a $100 gamble and you can always resell it if you dont like it.