Gloves for short stubby fingers

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Demo_Nic

Gloves for short stubby fingers

Post by Demo_Nic »

Anyone have a suggestion for a pair of women's glove for someone with short stubby fingers? So far every glove I have tried has been too tight in small or medium but the fingers are way too long in large. The closest I have been able to find to fit me well has been a pair of cadet motor cross gloves but they offer very little protection.
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

I have short fingers and wide hands, and I bought children's gloves. I got youth size 12, the tag inside says Spectrum and they have "thor" on the knuckles. I can't find anything in Ladies sizes to fit my hands, feet, or chest.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Leather gloves may need to stretch a bit through wear before they are comfotable.I have Icon small. They were pricey but they fit my hands
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

I have the same problem. Wide across the knuckle tends to make gloves fit tight and uncomfortable. I absolutely will not buy a pair of gloves unless I can test fit them first (no online buy no matter how good the price).

My old pair is, well, getting old. Have been shopping for new ones, just need to keep looking.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Witch

Post by Witch »

I have a similar issue. I actually have clubbed thumbs to go along with the short fingers. So far, I have found the Stella line of Alpinestars gloves to fit me fairly well, without too much extra material at the ends of the fingers/thumbs. I've got a short mesh pair for the summer, and a leather pair with gauntlets.

For winter, I have never found any motorcycling glove that will fit and protect me from the cold well enough. Rather than not wear any gloves at all, I found a good pair of Columbia ski gloves. I had to tie back the last inch or so of the thumb with some thread, but other than that, they fit will enough to do the job without distraction.

If I could put up with sunburnt or frost-bitten hands, I'd honestly rather not wear any gloves at all. :roll: For me, they're usually enough of a distraction they're more likely to cause an accident than protect me in one.

To put it simply, there are less variations on sizing for gloves than there are for women's riding jackets. I wish you luck on finding something that fits. Stock up with a few pairs when you do.
TelPerian

Post by TelPerian »

If you're looking for leather, I wear a pair of Setwear Hothands gloves. They're designed for working with theatre/movie lighting apparatus, which get very, very hot yet they're also tight enough to allow you to be able move your fingers enough to manipulate tools. I wear the xtra small, and they were a little tight at first, and took a few years to stretch out so they fit properly. If you have short fingers, I'd go with that.

http://www.setwear.com/HotHand.html
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I have big palms and stubby fingers. I generally buy gloves that are one size too large so they will fit over my palms.

I agree with agrogod that you should always test fit the gloves, rather than buying online, unless you have already owned the same exact glove set.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI