Low Profile Seat color question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

laine

Low Profile Seat color question

Post by laine »

Hi- I'm new to this board as I've been on the lookout for a used Buddy, and hope to buy one soon. One thing I'm considering is getting a low-profile seat after I buy the scooter. (I'm 5'1" - I've had a Vespa and had that seat shaved and I had a motorcycle that I had lowered.)

But I have a question about the low-profile seats.

It seems the black ones are made by a company called PGO and the gray ones are made by Genuine. Is that correct?

I'd rather not have the big PGO logo on the back of the seat, if I don't have to, but I do prefer the black color.

Is there a black Genuine one that I'm not seeing?

Thanks!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

PGO is the company that produces the Buddy for Genuine in Tiwain. That said, the grey color with the Genuine logo may all that’s out there.
I purchased a low profile seat for a friend’s Blur 220i several years ago and the PGO logo on it was no biggie.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
fried okra

Post by fried okra »

These type seat logos can easily be rubbed off with various solvents, even rubbing alcohol on a rag for example.

fried okra
laine

Post by laine »

Thanks fried okra! I'd be fine with that.
Alzero

Post by Alzero »

Or you could have Cheeky Seats make you a cover in any color or design you want:

https://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php ... e=lookbook

I had them make me a seat cover with matching backpad and it looks and fits great. No wrinkles and it’s holding up just fine.
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

I have a low-profile seat made by PGO, but I don't remember it having the logo on it - then again, it's been covered by a Cheeky Seats cover for pretty much the entire time I've had it, so I could be wrong.