Front Rack Tube Diameter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PNWbuddy

Front Rack Tube Diameter

Post by PNWbuddy »

Hi,

I have a project Buddy 125 that I want to build a front rack for. If anyone could measure the diameter of the tubing for one of the stock racks and let me know I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Syd

Post by Syd »

I may be off the mark here, but if you are making it can't you make it with any size/type/design you like? Or, are you trying to "duplicate" a stock rack because you can, and it's cheaper/stronger?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
PNWbuddy

Post by PNWbuddy »

I bought a non-running 125 as a hobby/project bike. I got the engine running and and having fun working on it. I could buy a front rack but would rather make a project of it. The Prima rack looks good on the scooter in pictures so I want to make something in proportion to it. It might not work out or it might not look good or whatever but I just want to give it a go.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Looks like the OD on the tubing on our front rack is 3/4". It also looks like it has been bent into fairly graceful curves and chromed after it was welded.
PNWbuddy

Post by PNWbuddy »

Thanks!
PNWbuddy

Post by PNWbuddy »

This is the finished homemade front rack. It is sturdy and light weight. Almost all of the materials were left overs from prior projects not related to the Buddy.

(from a couple months ago, I finally figured out how to submit photos)
Attachments
20190522_102309.jpg
20190522_102309.jpg (47.83 KiB) Viewed 858 times
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

PNWbuddy wrote:(from a couple months ago, I finally figured out how to submit photos)
But not how to rotate them. :wink:

Rack looks great BTW!