Reconnecting Buddy Kick Running Lights?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Daves Kick

Reconnecting Buddy Kick Running Lights?

Post by Daves Kick »

So I finally decided I was tired of NOT having the running lights the good people at PGO intended us Genuine Scooter owners to have on the Buddy Kick and I go the front panel on the Kick separated enough to see some disconnected wiring but I am not sure what goes where.

Since the Buddy Kick is relatively new there are no videos or links out there regarding the wiring configuration on the Kick.
Given that the Buddy Kick is "related" to the other Buddy line of scooters, I was wondering if anyone might be able to look at these highlighted photos of the Left and Right side to tell me if these "unconnected wires are somehow related to the lights I wish to "re-connect."
I don't want to blow anything electrical or make my Kick blow up, so any info gleaned from the photos is certainly appreciated.
Attachments
lores.jpg
lores.jpg (116.78 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

Absolutely following this. Godspeed, Dave.
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
bionicrocky

Post by bionicrocky »

PhillyKick wrote:Absolutely following this. Godspeed, Dave.
Did anyone suss this out? Really want to get them going on my wife's bike!
Bikes:
Wife - 2018 Buddy Kick 125 in Gray
Me - 2019 Vespa GTS 300 Touring in Maroon
Us - 1962 Vespa VBB 150
thenikkiroom

Post by thenikkiroom »

Following this topic! I would love to add running lights to my new Kick!
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

I connected the lower LED signal lights on my Kick. - just plugged them in, like colored wires and connectors to like colored . The led lights are yellow and only function as signal lights. There is one unconnected plug that may be a power source for running lights, but would require a pigtail type setup to connect both lights but then the signal function would not work. I am removing the upper signals soon, but in the meantime, both upper and lower work.
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Ootscoot wrote:I connected the lower LED signal lights on my Kick. - just plugged them in, like colored wires and connectors to like colored . The led lights are yellow and only function as signal lights. There is one unconnected plug that may be a power source for running lights, but would require a pigtail type setup to connect both lights but then the signal function would not work. I am removing the upper signals soon, but in the meantime, both upper and lower work.
Try searching around on this forum for Voodoo Scooter parts. They sell the pigtail wiring harness that you were describing for the Buddy series of scooters. I would assume, but cannot verify, that this wiring harness would work on the Buddy Kick. Voodoo actually offers several versions of the wiring harness including one that just turns the running lights on and another that does both running lights and alternates blinking with the turn signals.
Point37

Post by Point37 »

cummingsjc wrote:
Ootscoot wrote:I connected the lower LED signal lights on my Kick. - just plugged them in, like colored wires and connectors to like colored . The led lights are yellow and only function as signal lights. There is one unconnected plug that may be a power source for running lights, but would require a pigtail type setup to connect both lights but then the signal function would not work. I am removing the upper signals soon, but in the meantime, both upper and lower work.
Try searching around on this forum for Voodoo Scooter parts. They sell the pigtail wiring harness that you were describing for the Buddy series of scooters. I would assume, but cannot verify, that this wiring harness would work on the Buddy Kick. Voodoo actually offers several versions of the wiring harness including one that just turns the running lights on and another that does both running lights and alternates blinking with the turn signals.
http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewto ... ght=voodoo
'10 Triumph Bonneville SE (sold), '00 Yamaha TW200 (sold), '08 Husqvarna SM510R (sold), '05 Honda CBR 600RR (sold), '03 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)