Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reconnecting Buddy Kick Running Lights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Daves Kick

Genuine Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reconnecting Buddy Kick Running Lights? Reply with quote

So I finally decided I was tired of NOT having the running lights the good people at PGO intended us Genuine Scooter owners to have on the Buddy Kick and I go the front panel on the Kick separated enough to see some disconnected wiring but I am not sure what goes where.

Since the Buddy Kick is relatively new there are no videos or links out there regarding the wiring configuration on the Kick.
Given that the Buddy Kick is "related" to the other Buddy line of scooters, I was wondering if anyone might be able to look at these highlighted photos of the Left and Right side to tell me if these "unconnected wires are somehow related to the lights I wish to "re-connect."
I don't want to blow anything electrical or make my Kick blow up, so any info gleaned from the photos is certainly appreciated.
PhillyKick

'17 Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely following this. Godspeed, Dave.
bionicrocky

Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyKick wrote:
Absolutely following this. Godspeed, Dave.

Did anyone suss this out? Really want to get them going on my wife's bike!

Us - 1962 Vespa VBB 150
thenikkiroom

2018 Genuine Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following this topic! I would love to add running lights to my new Kick!
Ootscoot

Genuine Buddy 125, Kick

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I connected the lower LED signal lights on my Kick. - just plugged them in, like colored wires and connectors to like colored . The led lights are yellow and only function as signal lights. There is one unconnected plug that may be a power source for running lights, but would require a pigtail type setup to connect both lights but then the signal function would not work. I am removing the upper signals soon, but in the meantime, both upper and lower work.
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ootscoot wrote:
I connected the lower LED signal lights on my Kick. - just plugged them in, like colored wires and connectors to like colored . The led lights are yellow and only function as signal lights. There is one unconnected plug that may be a power source for running lights, but would require a pigtail type setup to connect both lights but then the signal function would not work. I am removing the upper signals soon, but in the meantime, both upper and lower work.

Try searching around on this forum for Voodoo Scooter parts. They sell the pigtail wiring harness that you were describing for the Buddy series of scooters. I would assume, but cannot verify, that this wiring harness would work on the Buddy Kick. Voodoo actually offers several versions of the wiring harness including one that just turns the running lights on and another that does both running lights and alternates blinking with the turn signals.
Point37

'13 Buddy 125 Seafoam

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cummingsjc wrote:
Ootscoot wrote:

Try searching around on this forum for Voodoo Scooter parts. They sell the pigtail wiring harness that you were describing for the Buddy series of scooters. I would assume, but cannot verify, that this wiring harness would work on the Buddy Kick. Voodoo actually offers several versions of the wiring harness including one that just turns the running lights on and another that does both running lights and alternates blinking with the turn signals.

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29569&highlight=voodoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: