Getting a buddy in/around Athens, GA

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Bailywolf

Getting a buddy in/around Athens, GA

Post by Bailywolf »

I'm in Athens GA, and am in the market for my first scooter. We're going to be moving into town soon, and I want to get rid of one of our cars and replace it with a scooter, so I've been doing some research. Right now, the Buddy is running high on my list... my instinct is to get something funky and retro like a Stella, but to be honest, I don't know how to ride a scooter at all yet, and am dubious of my ability to drive a manual and not kill myself trying to remember how (I drive an automatic car... I can drive a tractor, but you get more thinking time when you're humping along at 5mph).

Anyhow, I don't really like really modern sporty styling... trying to make a scooter looks like a crotch rocket motorcycle seems sort of weird to me. The Buddy seems a good compromise between and old school Vespa looking thing and a modern sporty road-torpedo looking thing. And from everything I've read, it really nails my requirements for price, function, reliability, ease, and performance.

So, around the 'bout- beyond Twist & Scoot in Atlanta, does anyone know of anywhere closer in to Athens where I might see/test a Buddy out? Or failing that, whether it is possible to get warranty work and service done at scooter dealers other than the an official Genuine dealer?

Thanks all,

-B