Scooter smokes with ~ 1/4 tank of gas left

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

buddys_n_blasters

Scooter smokes with ~ 1/4 tank of gas left

Post by buddys_n_blasters »

As the title says. My scooter had a really bad smoking issue a while back, and there was a thread about it. After refilling with a full tank of premium gas, everything was better for a while, until the tank got to about 1/4 full. Then the smoking started up again just like before. Filling it back up stopped the smoke immediately.

Any thoughts on why this would be? My guess is the fuel to oil ratio is off because not enough fuel is getting in. But that's odd, as there's still enough gas in the tank that the fuel flow should be uninterrupted.
Trixyshrimp101

Post by Trixyshrimp101 »

What is your scooter just so I know? But have you tried the expensive synthetic no smoke oil? Thats all I use alot of people say it soes not make a difference but I beg to differ. Depending on were you are. It might solve your smoke problem too.
buddys_n_blasters

Post by buddys_n_blasters »

It's a 2008 buddy 50. The oil is the no-smoke stuff, so all good there.

It's quite the mystery.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

No smoke label on the bottle is just marketing. Run JASO-FD rated oil, and you should see that clear up within a tank or two.