Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2020 Buddy Kick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Ferniesp

Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: 2020 Buddy Kick Reply with quote

Just bought one. Put a K-Max container and she’s all set. I rode a 170i for a week on my commute and I can say for sure that the buddy kick has a better ride and is almost as powerful. [/b]
Ootscoot

Genuine Buddy 125, Kick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - having a 170i Hooligan and a 125 Buddy for two years, I am now enjoying my new Buddy Kick. It is very comfortable, handles well with plenty of Kick. I enabled the lower front turn signals, added the rear rack and topcase and the small windscreen. It’s become my favorite ride!
Ferniesp

Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I connected the front dead lights in 10 minutes. Has anyone here installed the lights on their KMAX?
350kmi

'12 Buddy 170, '07 Buddy 125, , '87 Elite 80, '01 Elite 50, '10 Elite 110, '83 Aero 80, '15 Smax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested to see a direct comparison between the Buddy 170i and the Kick. For the last 7 years/32,000 miles I have been commuting on a 170i and while it is still running fine I have been considering changing it up a bit. The Kick caught my eye when it came out, but my local dealer doesn't stock it (95% of their business if 50cc scoots) so I haven't been able to compare them myself.

I ride about 42 miles a day in a mix of city and country roads. Given the Kick is a little smaller physically and has lower engine displacement, I worry it might not as good for my propose as my 170i. My main concern are the couple sections of 55 MPH roadway on the ride (1 to 3 miles at a time) - the 170i doesn't have trouble keeping up with traffic in these sections cruising at 60-63 (GPS) mph, but wonder if the a Kick might struggle more. It looks like the Kick is generally a little more technically advanced (4-valve head, dual rear shocks, dual disc brakes) than the standard Buddies and I wonder if that offsets the size/displacement differences. Have you done much higher speed riding on your Kick? How does it compared in your experience of Kick and 170i?
Ferniesp

Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode a 4 year old 170i for about 4 days and it was a commute ride to work. I don’t donfreeways and never will.
I weigh 210 and I have no problem on 45 to 50 mph. Any faster then that is a no no for me.

My observation. The kick has dual shocks and it just feels better when you hit a crack at 45 mph. The 170i was good but the kick was better. Honestly, I can’t tell that much of a power difference, I just don’t sense it or feel it. You may feel different.
The gas tank is way easier to fill on the kick. The electronic display looks better as well.
I am convinced that the kick gets better gas mileage. I tested it out and my kick gas gauge flashes at 85 miles every time. I wondered how far it would go after that. I went to 130 miles on a full tank. Not too shabby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: