Annoying Scooter Moments

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

aerogirl7 wrote:Not so much annoying as painful was when I had a bee make its way into my jacket while riding...etc
ohmagawd !! reminds me of that time i was wearing loose cargo shorts on my scoot !!!
yes, you guessed it right !! :cry:
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

First ride home on my scooter a small bee flew down my shirt and nibbled on my poor boobs a couple of times. Also, I was scootering though a parking lot and a herd of gnats kept following my helmet, perhaps they like blue, either way, it was interesting. Yea, and I tried that whole tapping the center stand thing for lights, nope, didnt work, so Im buying one of those sensors. AND, FREAKIN DRIVE THRU's are sensored too, I waited 5 minutes and no one answerd me. Scooted past the other cagers in line, went inside and was quite disgruntled, I was hot and sweaty, and did not have a taco supreme! And then I had to wait in line inside for 25 Min! AND some brat kid knocked my helmet off my scooter and scratched up the face shield while i was waiting inside!:x
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

valgal20 wrote:
And then I had to wait in line inside for 25 Min!
that is why the call it fast food ! :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

That friggin sucks Valgal... Maybe its cuz I live in tha hood, but I NEVER leave my helmet with my scoot unless it's locked under the seat. I was wearing some loose shorts today & I kept thinkin' about what ysofisonly50? said about the bee, HO! :shock: Cripes, that would suck... At least I'm not allergic!

SO? DID YOU EVER GET YOUR TACO SUPREME OR WHAT?!
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

Yea, And I was so parched, and hot and hungry, I got two taco supremes, and a tostada... But I was running late for work and I ate all three (bad idea in the first place) in less than 7 minutes- oiy, that was no good. Yes, I usually lock my helmet up, but I was in a Hurry! I thought Id be in and out in 5 min- boy was I wrong. :( Now I want a taco supream again. :(
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Skate boarder teens, went passed them today, they bent down and pretended to rev their throttle and laughed at me, I turned around, pumped it, and pretended to hit them, swerved at the last second, they ducked for cover.

:)
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

Wish I could do that to the neighbor kids- Now there is a scooter pestilence! Kids, who touch your scooter after touching sticky or nasty stuff and their parents dont do anything about it cause they have 5 other kids with them!- Keep your hands off you grubby little rugrat! My scooter got Ice Creamed today,little sticky hand print right on the seat! :x
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I was thinking of riding my scooter to my local family owned ice cream shop, never been there, but a guy rolling in on a scooter for ice cream will be a head turner.
twharton

Post by twharton »

I ride up to Baskin Robbins ALL THE TIME.
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

They closed my local Baskin robbins long ago :(
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

Valgal20 wrote:...flew down my shirt and nibbled on my poor boobs a couple of times...
:shock: :shock: :shock:
uhhh... sorry Valgal... got transfixed there for a while :D
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

Valgal20 wrote:.. Keep your hands off you grubby little rugrat!
:D :D
I'm starting to love Valgal's prose :lol:
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

32 flavors gone!!!! Oh the humanity :cry:
EZPZ #65
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I DEMAND BLUE BELL [The Best Ice Cream In The Country]. I'll be right over to pick it up! :D
ModBud #442
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

polianarchy wrote:I DEMAND BLUE BELL [The Best Ice Cream In The Country].
mmm... I eat no other chocolate chip cookie dough but Blue Bell... I have to go to Mayfield for the Blueberry cream pie!!! they stopped selling it here tho, must've been one of those 'limited time' flavors :( WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DO THAT?!?!? Oh yeah, don't forget Edy's Double Fudge BROWNIE! I'm gonna get some right now!
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

BLUE BELL, yesssss!! on my only venture northward i went to philadelphia and was absolutely appalled to find that sadly, Blue Bell ice cream and Shiner beer had not happened to the rest of the country. You poor, poor souls. "We sell all we can, and eat the rest!" goddamn, i love being a texan girl. :D
lojical1

Post by lojical1 »

polianarchy wrote:I DEMAND BLUE BELL [The Best Ice Cream In The Country]. I'll be right over to pick it up! :D
I introduced Corsair to Blue Bell as soon as he rolled into Austin. He is now a believer :D
Last edited by lojical1 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
-Spike Spiegel

If ur not scared u aint drivin' fast enough .
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I love how these threads inevitably turn into something totally unrelated to the original post... But I must say it IS progressing... what's better than icecream? I have no idea. :mrgreen:
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

polianarchy wrote:I DEMAND BLUE BELL [The Best Ice Cream In The Country]. I'll be right over to pick it up! :D
I'd take that bet and wager Moose Tracks to be better.

Of course, it's a Yellowstone standard, and I'd wreck my diabetic diet for a month to have some.
Christy

Post by Christy »

madtolive wrote:BLUE BELL, yesssss!! on my only venture northward i went to philadelphia and was absolutely appalled to find that sadly, Blue Bell ice cream and Shiner beer had not happened to the rest of the country. You poor, poor souls. "We sell all we can, and eat the rest!" goddamn, i love being a texan girl. :D
seriously! that is wrong with the rest of the country that they don't have our amazing stuffs yet?

I also submit:
Dr Pepper (it is WAY better than Pepsi OR Coke)
Taco Bueno (I mean if you're gonna have fast food taco's have something good)
Anything else I left off?
EPSP #76
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Christy wrote: Dr Pepper (it is WAY better than Pepsi OR Coke)
Okay, I have to agree that DP is the BOMB, although I prefer Stewart's cream soda. Also tacos are delicious, but I was doing some calorie counting & the bell is way worse than regular burgers and fries! Surprised me too... Of course I still eat mexican food ALL THE TIME, it's awesome.

Oh yeah, when are you gonna change your thingy that says "wanting a Pamplona"? Shouldn't it say "cruisin' on my Pamplona" (or soething like that)?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Christy wrote:seriously! that is wrong with the rest of the country that they don't have our amazing stuffs yet?

I also submit:
Dr Pepper (it is WAY better than Pepsi OR Coke)
Anything else I left off?
Hmm, these Dallas memories leap to mind: Cafe Brazil. Inwood Theatre. Half Price Books. NorthPark Mall. Garland Road Thrift. IHOP on Abrams. MODA. Forbidden Books. Galaxy Club. Pagan Records. Campisi's. The Cavern. Chuy's. CD World. Sol's Tacos. Shiner Bock. Lovers Pizza. Emeralds To Coconuts. El Fenix. Froggie's. July Alley. Service Bar. Ahab Bowen. Insomnia. Trees. Gloria's. New Amsterdam. Peggy Sue Bar B Q. DMA. Bubba's Chicken. CD Source. Thrift Town. Sonic. Good Records. Jack In The Box. Sons of Hermann Hall. Electrique Boutique. Mrs Baird's Thrift. LulaB's Antique Mall...and bluebonnets...acres of bluebonnets on the side of I-35 from Dallas to Austin.

I'm. Not. Homesick. At. All....
ModBud #442
Christy

Post by Christy »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Okay, I have to agree that DP is the BOMB, although I prefer Stewart's cream soda. Also tacos are delicious, but I was doing some calorie counting & the bell is way worse than regular burgers and fries! Surprised me too... Of course I still eat mexican food ALL THE TIME, it's awesome.

Oh yeah, when are you gonna change your thingy that says "wanting a Pamplona"? Shouldn't it say "cruisin' on my Pamplona" (or soething like that)?
thanks for reminding me! Updated.

As far as fast food taco's...Taco Bell sucks ass. Taco Bueno is awesome. They are 100% different. but I'm not opinionated or anything.

LOL
Christy

Post by Christy »

polianarchy wrote:I'm. Not. Homesick. At. All....
Come on home!!! We'd love to have you back! my hubs is from SJersey and went to school in Philly and he and I agree, Dallas is WAY better. :)
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Awww! You're too kind, Christy. I'll be traveling that way soon, so we'll go on an awesome scooter adventure!

So...there's this one BBQ place in Ft Worth that has a big sign saying, "Life's Too Short To Live It In Dallas!" :lol: But yeah, life's wayyyy too short to live it in Philly. More TK....
ModBud #442
Christy

Post by Christy »

polianarchy wrote:Awww! You're too kind, Christy. I'll be traveling that way soon, so we'll go on an awesome scooter adventure!

So...there's this one BBQ place in Ft Worth that has a big sign saying, "Life's Too Short To Live It In Dallas!" :lol: But yeah, life's wayyyy too short to live it in Philly. More TK....
omg, I think I've been to that restaurant! It's served Family Style, right?
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

KRUSTYburger wrote:... what's better than icecream? I have no idea. :mrgreen:
:P exotic flavors of ice cream : (tropical) Macadamia, Langka, Mango, Durian, Rambutan, Mangosteen, Macapuno. :P
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

ysofisonly50? wrote:Mangosteen
mmmmmm... .... ... mmmaanngossteeeeeeenn...
lojical1

Post by lojical1 »

Not sure this qualifies for the Original Topic, but I really dislike when I have on my rain gear and it feels like I'm sliding forward on the seat. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you remedy this (or do you just deal with it) ?
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
-Spike Spiegel

If ur not scared u aint drivin' fast enough .
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

An annoying thing I deal with daily is the highschool bus, those stupid kids always shout at me and make fun of my scooter, I cant help but sit behind the bus and wait because passing a bus is illegal when stopped. So these kids can freely make fun of me, and I just ride off.
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

jfrost2 wrote:An annoying thing I deal with daily is the highschool bus, those stupid kids always shout at me and make fun of my scooter, I cant help but sit behind the bus and wait because passing a bus is illegal when stopped. So these kids can freely make fun of me, and I just ride off.
Sounds like typical teenager behavior to me. Anyway you can route around them so you don't have to listen to it?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Nah, cause there are a few kids who look and turn their heads at me when I ride, theres more good then there is bad 8)