Venture 50 CDI & Stuff

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

HoosierBuddy

Venture 50 CDI & Stuff

Post by HoosierBuddy »

Soooooo, I just ordered my Buddy a friend. 8) I ordered a Venture 50 and was wondering if there were any CDI's or other ways y'all would recommend to de-restrict and speed this scooter up. Top speed is restricted to 30 mph but I know it can do better than that. Any help would be so GREATLY appreciated!!
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." ~ Margaret Mead
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

There should be a restrictor wire coming off the CVT cover. Unplug that, and it will be officially de-restricted. Don't go thinking it'll ever be as fast as a buddy though, it is only a 50cc four-stroke. If you get it to 35, count yourself lucky.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Yeah, the restriction wire is unpluggable - it'll probably be unplugged already.

The last Venture I rode was SLOW. That engine is quick in the Zuma but dead slow in the Venture.
HoosierBuddy

Post by HoosierBuddy »

dasscooter wrote:The last Venture I rode was SLOW. That engine is quick in the Zuma but dead slow in the Venture.
Would a better muffler help? What are your thoughts as to why it was so slow?
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." ~ Margaret Mead
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

HoosierBuddy wrote:Would a better muffler help? What are your thoughts as to why it was so slow?
A "performance" muffler does not really do much to speed up a 4T.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Stanza wrote:There should be a restrictor wire coming off the CVT cover. Unplug that, and it will be officially de-restricted..
I’ve an acquaintance who just yesterday took delivery of a new Venture, can you show a picture so I can explain that to her.....
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba