Flashing Brake Light For 2019 Hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Radixx

Flashing Brake Light For 2019 Hooligan

Post by Radixx »

I'm going to be messing with the lighting soon anyway to install the euro/asian signal light kit and get rid of the damn DOT mandated signal lights. I was thinking while I'm in there maybe I should look into a flashing brake light setup. Has anyone done this on a Hooligan, and if so what did they use? I would assume at this point there's probably just a replacement bulb with that option perhaps.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

I believe that the Voodoo Scooter Parts brake light modulator works on the Hooligan as a plug-and-play solution. Search for the Voodoo Scooter Parts thread on this forum and you should be able to find it.
Radixx

Post by Radixx »

Thanks, but they don't seem to be an active company. Found their info in here, it linked only to a facebook Page. No webpage listed in their "about" section, and no activity on the page for 3+ years.
PNWbuddy

Post by PNWbuddy »

Brake light flashers that aren't model specific can be purchased on Amazon for about $10. I've used them on a few motorcycles/scooters and have one on my Buddy modulating a led strip light instead of the stock brake light. They are simple to wire in
Point37

Post by Point37 »

Radixx wrote:Thanks, but they don't seem to be an active company. Found their info in here, it linked only to a facebook Page. No webpage listed in their "about" section, and no activity on the page for 3+ years.
http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html
'10 Triumph Bonneville SE (sold), '00 Yamaha TW200 (sold), '08 Husqvarna SM510R (sold), '05 Honda CBR 600RR (sold), '03 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Be sure they (flashing brake light) is legal for inspection and/or the law. Getting pulled over and getting tickets adds up fast. Some of the flashing brake light kits have a way to go back to stock light for inspection. Just wondering, why not just pump the brake lever a few times when slowing down? Cheaper, easier and 100% legal?
Point37

Post by Point37 »

sc00ter wrote:Just wondering, why not just pump the brake lever a few times when slowing down? Cheaper, easier and 100% legal?
^^^this is what i do when someone is behind me
'10 Triumph Bonneville SE (sold), '00 Yamaha TW200 (sold), '08 Husqvarna SM510R (sold), '05 Honda CBR 600RR (sold), '03 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)
PNWbuddy

Post by PNWbuddy »

sc00ter wrote:Be sure they (flashing brake light) is legal for inspection and/or the law. Getting pulled over and getting tickets adds up fast. Some of the flashing brake light kits have a way to go back to stock light for inspection. Just wondering, why not just pump the brake lever a few times when slowing down? Cheaper, easier and 100% legal?
You can't replicate what a brake light flasher does by pumping your brakes. The one I currently have installed strobe flashes 4x then it flashes four more times more slowly then the solid stop light. It is very attention getting, inexpensive and easy to install as are the strip LEDs that provide additional rear running lights, brake lights (that I use the modulator for) and yellow turn signals all in one strip. I run two of the LED strips, one above the other mounted to the back of the rack. Total of the flasher and strip LEDs only around $25 and money well spent in my opinion.
johnk

Post by johnk »

And, arguably, a flashing brake light is most important in emergency-stop situations, in which you can't take the time to pump the lever.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

I have them installed on my Buddy scooters. I always thought that they seemed like a good idea, making my bikes more visible during stops. I was driving my car behind my wife's Buddy the other day and was extremely impressed with how visible the flashing brake lights make the scooter. I am working on a project bike and will probably order another brake light modulator from Voodoo scooter for this bike.