2009 Buddy 125 factory disconnected lights on fwd fairing.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Bill61

Post by Bill61 »

Was wondering why the 2 amber lights on L/R side of forward fairing were inop. Looked under the fairing and found both light connector plugs are taped to the fairing. Looks like factory black tape. Question - is there an easy way to connect these to the turn signal circuit?
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

DOT mandated that the turn signals needed to be farther apart, so they had to be moved to the headset. The original lights can be reconnected though, the wiring is under the front nose plastic.
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

It's an easy connect and the new turn signals will work with the others. Some people convert these to running lights.
The Racer's Motto:
Broken bones heal,
Chicks dig the scars,
The pain is temporary,
but the glory is forever!
Bill61

Post by Bill61 »

I take it the hot side connectors are under the fairing somewhere? (For turn signals) Or is this a splice/hot wire situation?
From a safety standpoint, what would be best? Turn signals or running lights?
VSP

Post by VSP »

Click my signature for some options. If you search this forum, there's another member that sells similar adapters. Search "deadlights" or "running lights".
Voodoo [voo-doo] -adjective. Claimed or reputed to provide an ingenious or seemingly magical solution to a problem. <A HREF="http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html">Get your VOODOO here</A>
Point37

Post by Point37 »

^^^this...i went with the turn signal adapters cause they were plug and play and i figured i already had a headlight facing forward...but VSP has other options
'10 Triumph Bonneville SE (sold), '00 Yamaha TW200 (sold), '08 Husqvarna SM510R (sold), '05 Honda CBR 600RR (sold), '03 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)