Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Oil??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
old guy 2

buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: What Oil?? Reply with quote

Hey guys,I could use a little help on this one.I'm new to the scooter world,but I've been riding motorcycles for 56 years.I've always used Castrol products with great results,non synthetic.I would like to stick to it with my new Buddy 125....10w40 or 15w40 for the engine and 85/140 for the gearbox.My local NAPA has both in stock....what say you.

Best wishes,
old guy 2
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ft. Worth Texas stays pretty warm most of the year so I would use the 15-40W. And if it ever drops below the 60's then you can always switch to the 10-40W. That's my opinion anyway.
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure your choices will perform just fine, but synthetics are being specced by more and more manufacturers these days. Once your scoot has been broken in, I see no reason not to use a synthetic. Your scooter deserves the best. Very Happy
old guy 2

buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: What Oil?? Reply with quote

Thanks guys,sounds like great advise.Once I get around 1000 miles on the scooter I think I will switch to a good syn.I've had great service with Amsoil in my last 2 motorcycles & I'll see what they have to offer.There are so many good synthetics out now it may be a hard choice picking the right one.Thanks for the help,ride safe my friends.

Best wishes,
old guy 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: