What Oil??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

old guy 2

What Oil??

Post by old guy 2 »

Hey guys,I could use a little help on this one.I'm new to the scooter world,but I've been riding motorcycles for 56 years.I've always used Castrol products with great results,non synthetic.I would like to stick to it with my new Buddy 125....10w40 or 15w40 for the engine and 85/140 for the gearbox.My local NAPA has both in stock....what say you.

Best wishes,
old guy 2
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Ft. Worth Texas stays pretty warm most of the year so I would use the 15-40W. And if it ever drops below the 60's then you can always switch to the 10-40W. That's my opinion anyway.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I'm sure your choices will perform just fine, but synthetics are being specced by more and more manufacturers these days. Once your scoot has been broken in, I see no reason not to use a synthetic. Your scooter deserves the best. :D
old guy 2

What Oil??

Post by old guy 2 »

Thanks guys,sounds like great advise.Once I get around 1000 miles on the scooter I think I will switch to a good syn.I've had great service with Amsoil in my last 2 motorcycles & I'll see what they have to offer.There are so many good synthetics out now it may be a hard choice picking the right one.Thanks for the help,ride safe my friends.

Best wishes,
old guy 2