Interesting scooter sighting in SF today.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

Interesting scooter sighting in SF today.

Post by babblefish »

I was stopped at a light today and along comes an entire herd of Vespa and Lambretta scooters. Mostly vintage and mostly 2-stroke. Must have been 80 to 100 of them laying down a blue haze as they went by. Must have been a local club outing. I wanted to take a video but I was on my Buddy at a light so it wasn't convenient to pull out my phone. Wish I could have joined them but I was on my way to work.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

I would have liked to have seen that, and even better to have been riding with a "herd". It's fun just to see another scooter rider in my town. I notice the motorcycle people give a kind of outreached "hand salute" that they sometimes do when we pass each other. Am thinking that is a way of saying hello, sharing a common bond. Is there more to it than that. It's a nice greeting and I try to return it if I feel stable enough to let go of one hand.
johnk

Post by johnk »

ucandoit wrote:I notice the motorcycle people give a kind of outreached "hand salute" that they sometimes do when we pass each other. Am thinking that is a way of saying hello, sharing a common bond. Is there more to it than that.
They're being friendly! Usually these waves are pointed slightly downward, almost as if to say, "Look at your tire!" which is only so that it's not mistaken for a turn-signal gesture. And other riders know you can't always take your hand off the handlebar, so nobody takes offense if you don't wave back.
JJScoot

Post by JJScoot »

Occasionally I get the 2 fingers down. Sometimes I can tell thwybthought I was a motorcycle as I pass and probably wouldn’t have given it to me if they realized it was a scooter.
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

The two fingers to the floor is to wish the person to keep two tires down and no crashes.
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.