USB port not work Hooligan 170i 2018

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

steveb

USB port not work Hooligan 170i 2018

Post by steveb »

On my 2018 Hooligan 170i, the usb port stopped working. tried 2 cell phones & gps and nothing. The 1 amp fuse is good after continuity check. The other fuses seem to large to check.
How to replace the usb port?
Thanks,
Steveb
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

It unscrews from the back of that panel, you should see a plastic retaining collar which you can undo by hand.
steveb

USB outlet

Post by steveb »

Thamnks very much for the come back.

I took out the 2 screws at top of panel and can slightly separate the panel from the front but still cant remove panel enough to check the usb port. Afraid to put too much pressure so plastic doen't break.

Do I have to take out the other 4 screws on the panel that goes to the deck of the scooter before i do anything else?

I just want to check the continuity of wires to see whether the problem in in wiring or usb itself
Can I assume there is no fuse for the usb outlet?
Thanks
Stevbe B

steveb

usb port hooligan

Post by steveb »

Stanza,
Appreciate your answer. I yook out all screws but could not take the panel off. Did get behind panel a bit to unscrew the usb but that's as far as I could get. the usb is just hanging now & I dont know what to do with it. Any hel please. If a phone call would help, let me know.
SteveB
KABarash

Re: USB outlet

Post by KABarash »

steveb wrote: Can I assume there is no fuse for the usb outlet?
Thanks
Stevbe B
I don’t know about your Hooli, but the Buddy has a 1a fuse in the circuit for the accessory plug.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba