Genuine Buddy Brawl

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

buzzvert

Genuine Buddy Brawl

Post by buzzvert »

This happens a lot in Colorado as low-powered (50cc) scooters and bicycles share the same road area. This isn't any of us here is it?

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/l ... C-He_SjSzo
JettaKnight

Re: Genuine Buddy Brawl

Post by JettaKnight »

buzzvert wrote:This happens a lot in Colorado as low-powered (50cc) scooters and bicycles share the same road area. This isn't any of us here is it?

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/l ... C-He_SjSzo

Good grief.

Probably a couple of fools that both think they can ride on the roads, yet still get special exemptions that allow them to ignore the rules.

We generally don't have this around here because bicyclist ride on the sidewalks and expect pedestrians to move out of their way. :x
buzzvert

Re: Genuine Buddy Brawl

Post by buzzvert »

It's especially tragic here since low-powered scooters can legally use the bike lanes. That brings up situations where you can rocket up to 40 mph legally in the same area families are out tooling around on bicycles. Even when I was < 50cc I wouldn't use the bike lanes for this reason - that and the fact that those lanes are usually filled with goatheads, rocks, debris and other scooter-toxic items.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

No indication of what's at fault here. But if the situation went down like things do in Chicago, I'll guess that the cyclists ran the stop sign just as the scooters were pulling away from the stop, and there was a near miss that led to hostilities
buzzvert

Post by buzzvert »

Colorado: Scooters in the bike lanes, bicycles on the sidewalks and pedestrians in the damned street.
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

I sat having my morning coffee in Hanoi watching small children play in the street because the rest of the road/walkway was used for motorized traffic. Somehow it all worked just fine there. Traffic was light with small, mostly moto traffic. The street was not very wide and things just clicked. We would panic if this happened in most US cities, me thinks.
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.