Any newer options for Buddy rear basket/ top case storage?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CountChocula

Any newer options for Buddy rear basket/ top case storage?

Post by CountChocula »

I keep seeing all these cooler options for bicycles.
Anything out there that's not a Milk crate?
Like wooden or something different?

Don't have a rear rack...seems that's the mandatory place to start.

Only use the rack occasionally for shopping.
Anything that's a quick release/install?

Thanks
The Count
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

It's not a quick release, but, I just put this on mine. It looks so good with my Cheeky Seat!
Attachments
Art Alley Dragons 1.jpg
Art Alley Dragons 1.jpg (172.97 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I put this basket on that I’d gotten at Lowes several years ago, though my installation was with ny-lock nuts one can use thumb screws for easy removal.
Attachments
343439BE-0830-4897-B33C-6BF018E7F73B.jpeg
343439BE-0830-4897-B33C-6BF018E7F73B.jpeg (52.28 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
tenders

Post by tenders »

Love that wooden crate that opens to the side rather than from the rear! Why didn’t I think of that?

Put me down as one who prefers a plastic milk crate in a decent color over a rusty, peeling, or bent wire basket any day. A spiffy wire basket has a slight edge over the milk crate - but only a slight one.

Genuine makes a very nice wicker-style basket. My issue with it is that it isn’t large enough to hold my full-face helmet, so I replaced it with a GIVI top case which is large enough.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I use SHAD trunks on my scooters. Great value and you only lock them when you want to, so its keyless entry unless locked. Also pop right off the base, so removal is easy if you want it off. GIVI makes nice quick removal trunks also but you have to use the key every time you want to go into it. The Genuine brand trunks are nice also from what I hear, and their color matched. Anything can be made to work with some fab work.
tenders

Post by tenders »

Good point about SHAD vs. GIVI. I happen to think the GIVI locking requirement is a feature, because you never have to second-guess yourself if you remembered to lock it, but can see how it could be considered an annoyance. The color-matched top cases are very spiffy IF they are large enough for your needs.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I rarely carry anything of value in my trunk, so I prefer the SHAD option. Now, with my beloved SHAD brand being a 9 out of 10 (10 being best) GIVI is a strong 8. Whats funny is I have a KAPPA on my Liberty and I would rate it a 6. Its basically a GIVI made to look "cool" with a few cost cutting features thrown in. I tend to go 37 to 40 liters, but have a 26 liter SHAD on my 98 Zuma because it doesnt have any under seat storage.
old guy 2

Post by old guy 2 »

K-Max makes great color matched trunks at a good price.....they are "quick detach"as well.

Best wishes,
old guy 2