Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hooligan 170i User Reviews?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
HanShan

Nothin' right now...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Hooligan 170i User Reviews? Reply with quote

Anyone have a Hooligan 170i they have been riding for a while and could give me a review?

Looking to buy one. Sat on it in a dealer last year and it felt more comfortable than the buddy seating and positioning.
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned one from August 2016 to the summer of 2017. It was a very comfortable and reliable ride, with ample low-end power with decent top end speed, good ergonomics, and a style that I thought was appropriately "tough" looking versus the Buddy series. The bigger tires and longer wheelbase absorbed a bit more of the road's irregularities and it had decent built-in storage. I wanted to keep it but it had originally been bought as a used, slightly damaged bike and I resold it for about $800 profit after fixing it up (and putting about 1,200 miles on it). Additionally, my wife loved it also and used to regularly put miles on it during commutes. The only downside to it was that they tend to be a bit expensive brand new, but used ones in good shape can be found in the high 1000's/low 2000's range if you are patient.

If I found one in the $1500 range and had the cash on hand to buy it, I would definitely consider it.
HanShan

Nothin' right now...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that review. It would ease my anxiety to buy a new one but yes, the price differential is a bit much.
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hooligan 170i User Reviews? Reply with quote

HanShan wrote:
Anyone have a Hooligan 170i they have been riding for a while and could give me a review?

Looking to buy one. Sat on it in a dealer last year and it felt more comfortable than the buddy seating and positioning.

The best scooter I've ever owned and I had 2 of them, one in Tucson, AZ and one here in the Seattle area. If you haven't already done it, go for it!

Bill in Seattle
'84 Honda Gyro Red
'86 Honda Gyro S Red
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: