Fuse in battery box.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sc00ter

Fuse in battery box.

Post by sc00ter »

The pink Buddy 50cc has developed an electrical gremlin. Thru text it seems its a damaged/loose battery cable (I did the de-mod bigger battery install) OR it also may be a damaged fuse. What amp is that fuse? I looked thru both the owners manual and service manual in the FAQ & Guides section but never found what amp it is listed. I found the phone charger listed-12v1A but not the fuse in the battery box listed.I will post my findings after diagnosing it. So what fuse is in the battery box on a Buddy 50cc?
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

It's either a 10 or 15amp, if memory serves.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Either the fuse works, or it doesn't - there's no in between.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I forgot to look at what fuse was in there, but I did buy some 10 and 15 amp fuses from NAPA. Anyways, turned out the battery terminals needed a tightening. So it runs great as usual.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

sc00ter wrote:I forgot to look at what fuse was in there, but I did buy some 10 and 15 amp fuses from NAPA. Anyways, turned out the battery terminals needed a tightening. So it runs great as usual.
Never just tighten the clamp. Pull them both off the terminals, clean both the posts and clamps with a terminal brush, then re-install onto the terminals and tighten the clamps.