Transparency effect

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tam

Transparency effect

Post by tam »

First of, I realize this is entirely useless, but it's cool nonetheless. I saw it a while ago on some car forum, and thought it'd be cool to try.

To do this, you need a tripod, a digital camera, and a photo-editing application (i use PaintShop Pro).

I took a picture of my scoot, and then took off that legshield, making sure the rest of the scoot didn't move. Then take a second picture. Take both pictures off the camera, and cut out the difference (front shield in this case). Copy/paste that from the complete picture to the one that's missing the part, and be sure to paste it into a new layer. Then, you can play with layer transparency to make the part show up more or less. It's a good way to show something in it's original context. Or, you can do it with your kids and make one of em appear like a ghost, whatever floats your boat :D
Attachments
little less transparency
little less transparency
buddy2.jpg (76.01 KiB) Viewed 741 times
little more transparency
little more transparency
buddy1.jpg (76.18 KiB) Viewed 743 times
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

That's cool! Now you just need to do it again after removing all the plastic! :wink:
nausicaa

Post by nausicaa »

That's cool! I love photography and photo editing software.