Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's the voltage regulator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
hd_ryder1964

03' Stella

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Where's the voltage regulator? Reply with quote

Hi,
New to the group and to 2 stroke scooters. I picked up an 03' Stella with 800 miles on it, I've been doing some mods and have it running pretty well now.
Problem is the battery is not charging, electric start works after I leave it on a trickle charger all night, it's a new battery. With the bike running I'm not seeing a voltage change on the battery, it's not going up at all even when revving the scooter. I'm guessing Voltage Regulator. Where is it located? Behind the battery?
Thanks Guys
2003stellaDave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s hidden behind the battery. Be sure to buy from a supplier that accepts returns just in case you buy the wrong regulator. I remember having trouble finding the right regulator for my Stella.

https://youtu.be/3uPqoEl6fAM
2003stellaDave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Stella kept blowing out the headlight bulb and that’s how I knew it needed a new regulator.
hd_ryder1964

03' Stella

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave! Great video too, very helpful. I'm guessing that was your video. I watched the headlight bulb portion too, how easy is it to get at? I noticed the speedo just kind of spun out of the way, What hold it in place?

Thanks again,
Randy
2003stellaDave

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top of the headset is held on by four screws. There’s also a speedometer cable that feeds into the underside of the speedometer and is held there by one nut.

Find yourself a Haynes manual. It has exploded views which are helpful as well as torque settings and instructions for dismantling. A Stella is the same as a Vespa PX150.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: