Stators

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

nissanman

Stators

Post by nissanman »

Figure I'd share my latest project here. I'm seriously upgrading the light output of my BuckTen... and it's snowballed into quite the project. Despite a HS1 headlight bulb being the same "base" as a H4 I found the H4 to be just a hair larger in diameter. No big deal just a little sanding/ filing and it fits nice. The project really got big when I realized that the stock stator (perfectly fine, not a bad stator!) does not generate enough juice to power the ballast for my Xenon upgrade. Now I've been chasing a company that either has (not likely) or can custom wind my stator for higher output. It can never be that simple, first I need a flywheel puller to get my stator. Scooterworks informed me that it's a "dealer only" part and they can not sell me one :cry: So now the project is stalled with my scooter in pieces in my garage until my flywheel puller gets here (there's always a way!). Then it's stator upgrade time so I can finally have my super duper bright headlight I've been dreaming of. If I'm lucky this will be all done around the time the weather gets warm enough to ride, I guess the winter temps are still good for something. Makes it easier to accept that I can't ride my scoot right now.
Attachments
Xenon!!!
Xenon!!!
xenon.jpg (81.41 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

well, don't be discouraged, man. just another setback. it will enhance your satisfaction when you do succeed :twisted: and do not doubt that you will :wink:
no retreat, no surrender ! yeyzza ! 8)
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Stator is in Alabama at Custom Rewind... estimated turn around time is 1 week. Then we find out if she puts out the needed ammount of amps for the HID :whew: Then I can re-assemble The Buck-meister and ride. I've even found time for a detail mod while waiting, the flywheel fan is getting a nice coat of red to match my stripe.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Stator is back :D Now all I need is the time to re-install it....