Ethanol free fuel ??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

yel-mel

Ethanol free fuel ??

Post by yel-mel »

Is Ethanol Free gas a good choice for my Buddy 50 ? Its quite common in my area for use in boats. I use it in all my small engines like mowers and such.
Its usually 89 octane.
JettaKnight

Re: Ethanol free fuel ??

Post by JettaKnight »

yel-mel wrote:Is Ethanol Free gas a good choice for my Buddy 50 ? Its quite common in my area for use in boats. I use it in all my small engines like mowers and such.
Its usually 89 octane.
Should be just fine, but not required.
tenders

Post by tenders »

I would personally go pretty far out of my way to use this on my small engines, including boats and scooters...if it were available around here (NYC suburb). The closest ethanol-free pump is 40 minutes away, and not in a direction I often go - so not practical.

Instead I use 87 or 89 octane, with ethanol, plus treatment with Sta-Bil, year-round. I buy it in three five-gallon jerrycans and if I haven’t used it all in 4-5 months I dump whatever is left into the car tanks and start over.

I’ve been doing this for 20 years and have never had a problem with stale fuel or congealed effects of ethanol. But I am quite fastidious about getting rid of fuel before it gets old.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Our Buddys run fine on E10 (10% ethanol fuel), but I use recreational (non-ethanol) gas for the last refueling before winter storage. I have less trouble with the scooter in the spring that way.
fried okra

Post by fried okra »

Ethanol free is all I run in my motos, for a couple more cents a gallon much less apt to get rust in the tanks, etc.

I do run 10% ethanol in my truck but it seems to be designed for it.......but would rather not see ethanol fuel regardless.

Iowa caucuses are to blame :(