Corazzo still making jackets?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JettaKnight

Corazzo still making jackets?

Post by JettaKnight »

My 5.0 is falling apart, so it's time for a 6.0, I guess.

But it seems they're only being sold on "pistonported .com", which I think is connected Scooterville, MN...

Anyone got any insight on this?

And does anyone wear a 6.0?
Guff

Post by Guff »

I think the North American distributor stopped selling them last year. Still made in Italy but harder to get in the states now.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

No US distributor. I got the email awhile back about them leaving the North American market.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I don't believe Corazzo ever had an Italian base. The company used the name and symbol due to their Italian heritage. The company was based in Portland, OR before it closed. I believe there was a manufacturing facility in Mankato, MN. Unless it is reborn through its Australian subsidiary, I think we have seen the end of Corazzo.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Dooglas wrote:I don't believe Corazzo ever had an Italian base. The company used the name and symbol due to their Italian heritage.
Yup. Merely "Itallian-esque"
Dooglas wrote:The company was based in Portland, OR before it closed. I believe there was a manufacturing facility in Mankato, MN. Unless it is reborn through its Australian subsidiary, I think we have seen the end of Corazzo.
:(

Anyone try Merlin jackets or can recommend a brand that "scooter cool"?
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

JettaKnight wrote: Anyone try Merlin jackets or can recommend a brand that "scooter cool"?
Just to wrap this up, I bought an Oxford waxed cotton jacket. Understated and retro cool - well, actually, it's really warm.
Syd

Post by Syd »

JettaKnight wrote:
JettaKnight wrote: Anyone try Merlin jackets or can recommend a brand that "scooter cool"?
Just to wrap this up, I bought an Oxford waxed cotton jacket. Understated and retro cool - well, actually, it's really warm.
Vintage, second hand? Or new London Fog? :D
The majority is always sane - Nessus
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Syd wrote:
JettaKnight wrote: Just to wrap this up, I bought an Oxford waxed cotton jacket. Understated and retro cool - well, actually, it's really warm.
Vintage, second hand? Or new London Fog? :D
This one:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxf ... wax-jacket