I just learned something new about my Buddy 170i!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scoop43

I just learned something new about my Buddy 170i!

Post by scoop43 »

I have had my 170i for a year now, and I like to keep it in top condition all the time so it is always ready to ride. The owner's manual said to check the brake fluid before every ride. But it didn't say how t do that unless I removed the handlebar top cover, which is not easy. So I haven't checked it for a year. I recently replaced my headlight bulb, and I discovered how to check the brake fluid. If you stand on the right side of the scooter and look down the right handgrip towards the headset with a flashlight, there is a gap in the handlebar cover that allows you to see the small viewing glass of the brake fluid. You can see how if the fluid is below the minimum or not! Nobody told me this, and I found it out on my own. So I give this info to you all for free!
Buddy 170i British Oxford green
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I'll have to look to see if my 125 has that site glass. It is so humid where I live that it is not good to open the master cylinder very often.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
New2Scoots

Post by New2Scoots »

Interesting, I just checked mine first time.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

BayStateScooterist

Post by BayStateScooterist »

Good advice! I had my Buddy 150 for a year and have not checked the brake fluid. Probably should consider changing it though.
BayStateScooterist

Post by BayStateScooterist »

BayStateScooterist wrote:Good advice! I had my Buddy 150 for a year and have not checked the brake fluid. Probably should consider changing it though.
Ok, just checked my 150. The glass is clearly visible from the right side hand brake opening. The fluid was clear, perhaps it was changed recently. While I was at it, checked the 125. The fluid was clear here too! The 125 is brand new, only had it for 10 months. 8)

Tip: Move the handle bar to the left and then back to center (straight) to see the viewer fluid level. :wink: