Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal Alloy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Guff

2009 Black Jack, 2009 GT200, 2010 Stella

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Royal Alloy Reply with quote

Any chance in a “Royal Alloy” section being added to the forums?
Mr.FixIt

Stella 2T

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of the constituent here actually purchased one?

I'd love the opportunity to take a test ride, alas the demo day back in March at my local shop did not include the Royal Alloy among the choices to try.

1sunnygyrl

Royal Alloy Grand Tourer 150

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 4:32 am    Post subject: Royal allow grand tourer Reply with quote

I just purchased my first scooter. It is the Royal Alloy Grand Tourer. Red and Cream. Anyone else own one? I love mine!
Dooglas

Buddy 125, Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS300

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Royal allow grand tourer Reply with quote

1sunnygyrl wrote:
I just purchased my first scooter. It is the Royal Alloy Grand Tourer. Red and Cream. Anyone else own one? I love mine!

Let's see some pictures! We all love pictures.
Syd

'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they say, pictures or it didn't happened. Very Happy
Guff

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking mine up Thursday. Very Happy
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guff wrote:
Picking mine up Thursday. Very Happy

That's exciting! I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

If there's enough interest, I will think about adding a Royal Alloy forum. Right now I think everybody would like to read riding impressions and see photographs. I'm certainly amenable to revisiting this issue down the line.
Guff

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gobo, The RA. Here's my first impressions. I am loosely basing this off a comparison to my other scoots. My daily commuter is a Vespa GT200 and I have a 4T Stella and a BlackJack. The RA is an awesome 150 scoot. It's feels tall and wide. I'm a bigger rider so this is comfy for me. May be a little stretch for shorter riders. I thought the split seat would pose a problem but I don't feel like it pushes me forward. Being it is a 150, it's every bit as peppy as my Stella. It's a little slower off the line than the Black Jack, but in all fairness the Black Jack jumps off the line. The only negative I have so far is the storage. No under the seat storage, but I sweet talked the dealer into throwing in a Prima bag!!!. Overall, the fit and finish of this scoot is awesome., I really hope Genuine gives it the support it deserves. I'm a fan!!
Syd

'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guff wrote:
Gobo, The RA. Here's my first impressions. I am loosely basing this off a comparison to my other scoots. My daily commuter is a Vespa GT200 and I have a 4T Stella and a BlackJack. The RA is an awesome 150 scoot. It's feels tall and wide. I'm a bigger rider so this is comfy for me. May be a little stretch for shorter riders. I thought the split seat would pose a problem but I don't feel like it pushes me forward. Being it is a 150, it's every bit as peppy as my Stella. It's a little slower off the line than the Black Jack, but in all fairness the Black Jack jumps off the line. The only negative I have so far is the storage. No under the seat storage, but I sweet talked the dealer into throwing in a Prima bag!!!. Overall, the fit and finish of this scoot is awesome., I really hope Genuine gives it the support it deserves. I'm a fan!!

Nice scoot!

tenders

Buddy International 50 Italia

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to better understand why Genuine decided to put an additional model into the thick of the Buddy/Hooligan/Kick/Chicago lineup. This is a decent-looking scoot, but is it going to extend Genuine’s customer base beyond the Buddy’s reach...or does this just cannibalize them? Is it a negotiation tool/hedge in case things go poorly with PGO after all these years?

The Psycho/Lemonhead/Black Cat/Fireball/Blackjack special editions seemed like a very smart way of making the lineup feel fresh with minimal engineering or logistical effort.
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenders wrote:
I would love to better understand why Genuine decided to put an additional model into the thick of the Buddy/Hooligan/Kick/Chicago lineup. This is a decent-looking scoot, but is it going to extend Genuine’s customer base beyond the Buddy’s reach...or does this just cannibalize them? Is it a negotiation tool/hedge in case things go poorly with PGO after all these years?

The Psycho/Lemonhead/Black Cat/Fireball/Blackjack special editions seemed like a very smart way of making the lineup feel fresh with minimal engineering or logistical effort.

I'd love to see a new version of the Blackjack!
Guff

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that it is filling the Stella void. It very much feels like a Stella to me (minus the manual transmission) Steel body and sexy styling. It seems like the special edition Buddies went away when Phil left Genuine. Just an observation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: