2013 Buddy 50cc

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MemphisScooter

2013 Buddy 50cc

Post by MemphisScooter »

Found a 2013 Buddy 50, the LemonHead model actually, has around 5k miles was looking for opinions on reliability, ease of riding. My lovely and talented has never ridden but since i bought my Vespa GTS she has been hinting she wanted to try.

Appreciate any ones input but especially new riders that started off on the Buddy.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

Aside from the engine and associated performance, a 125 is no different to ride than a 50. And if you want to go riding together, you'll spend 90% of the time on your Vespa waiting for her to catch up. But if you're in TN as your name implies, operating anything bigger than a 50 requires a motorcycle license.
MemphisScooter

Post by MemphisScooter »

Yes but she was trying to test the waters so to speak small no motorcycle endorsement yet.
MemphisScooter

Post by MemphisScooter »

Yes but she was trying to test the waters so to speak small no motorcycle endorsement yet.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Buddy 50 is a solid machine. It's faster than most of the 50ccs out there. If the price is right, go for it. If it's not a good fit, sell it. Some people buy a 50 and find it's great for them. I prefer my 50cc to my big bike.
BayStateScooterist

Post by BayStateScooterist »

Both my wife and I in our 50's, are new to motorcycles/motor-scooters. We bought a Buddy 150 used and a Buddy 125 brand new last year. So this makes the Buddy scooters our first motorbikes we ever owned. We also had to get our motorcycle learners permit (a written test) to ride. I found the Buddy 150 to be easy to ride, very peppy up to 65 MPH. My wife was a bit timid at first and it took some time for her to be comfortable riding the Buddy 125. To be fair, she is blind in one eye. Now she is very comfortable riding the Buddy on state routes in central Mass doing 55 MPH. Both she and I are having fun riding our Buddies together going to POI. When this pandemic is over, we will transport our Buddies behind our RV to go camping. They will serve as our primary mode of transportation. :D